FMTV - Episode 1: What’s in Our Food?

Episode 1: What’s in Our Food?

Series: TRANSCENDENCE | Episode: 1 | Runtime: 47m 51s | Release date: 2018

This segment features: Brendon Burchard, Bruce Lipton, Chris Wark, Gabrielle Bernstein, John Robbins, Josh Axe, Libby Weaver, Marie Forleo, Mark Hyman, Novak Djokovic, Tom O'Bryan, Vani Hari, William Davis, Wim Hof.

Could the first step to changing your life be as simple as what you put in your mouth? Should you eliminate gluten? How can you heal the gut and autoimmune conditions naturally? What’s the best diet for long term health and vitality?

In this episode, we’ll begin by taking a closer look at the evolution of our modern diet and in particular, how our quest for the perfect, durable crop has resulted in a distorted version of a once-humble grain. But wheat and gluten can’t be all to blame, it is the culmination of what we eat and the way we eat in the 21st century that has really lead us astray.

We’ll also dive deep into the role of the gut in terms of overall health and its impact on the explosion of autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's, fibromyalgia, and celiac disease. Plus, witness how a young boy from war-torn Serbia went on to become one of the world’s greatest tennis players, simply through changing what he fueled his body with.

More From TRANSCENDENCE:

Rebecca Bender | 1 week, 4 days ago
I've had a light bulb moment after watching this! I without a doubt in my mind know I have ruined my gut lining and certainly have leaky gut. 30 plus years of constantly eating modified wheat, high sugar carbohydrates (90% of my diet, insert face palm here!), and I've now become so sensitive to things that I can't even have a sip of alcohol without 3 days of nausea after. Cant wait to watch the rest and I hope they explain how to get off this addictive habit so I can have my life back!
Heather Ellis | 1 week, 6 days ago
I've been a member here for nearly a year and this is the first time I have managed to sit and get started on some of this material. It was actually a really emotional moment! I have been a vegetarian for just over a year, I eat eggs, no dairy and no gluten but really struggle when it comes to sugar. I try not to eat refined sugar but what about dates. I feel the need to have something sweet in my fridge to snack on and I love to make stuff :-) But most 'healthy' sweet things are full of dates. I think the body recognises these as sugar ???
Robin Gyton | 3 weeks, 5 days ago
I do shiftwork which is disruptive on the diet. I still ensure a good intake of vegetables, but it is when I am totally fatigued and eating at odd times of the day or night - that I crave sugar (from soda), and carbs (from bread, pasta or fried food). It can be hard to stay on track.
Jori | FMTV | 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Hello Robin :) We totally understand, that can be very challenging. You are not alone. Some people eat sugar in response to stress or depression and fatigue, relying on the emotional comfort of say, cookies or cake to feel better. However, eating balanced, healthy meals and controlling blood sugar are pivotal when trying to stop cravings. Here is James' fantastic interview with Sarah Wilson during our Total Wellness Summit which we believe would help you: https://www.fmtv.com/watch/fmtv-interview-free-yourself-from-sugar-cravings. Any questions, just let us know! ~ Jori
Robin Gyton | 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Katherine Head | 1 month, 1 week ago
Really struggling with sugar addiction, and I do believe that sugar is addictive for some people just like alcohol. Would really value insight on getting off of sugar.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 month, 1 week ago
Hello, Katherine! We believe sugar cravings are often a result of blood sugar level spikes. Starting your day with nourishing wholefood really sets you up for the rest of the day. When we start our day with refined foods like cereal, white bread toast, or a glass of store-bought orange juice, we initiate a rollercoaster ride of energy crashes & sugar cravings. Here are some great breakfast options to try: * https://www.foodmatters.com/recipe/nori-breakfast-wrap * https://www.foodmatters.com/recipe/banana-milk-chia-pudding * https://www.foodmatters.com/recipe/baked-beans-the-ultimate-breakfast-recipe * https://www.foodmatters.com/recipe/our-famous-2-ingredient-pancake-4-ways You may also find this helpful https://www.fmtv.com/watch/fmtv-interview-free-yourself-from-sugar-cravings Also, we do have a team of practitioners who will be able to help you one-on-one. You can check these out here: https://www.foodmatters.com/health-coaching/open :) ~ Pauline
Katherine Head | 1 month, 1 week ago
Yes a protein breakfast makes a big difference and thanks you for the links!
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 month, 1 week ago
You are most welcome, Katherine :) ~ Pauline
Tina Barber | 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Another interesting film My problem is although I have been a vegetarian (not a very healthy one ) for 30 years I still haven't found the diet that best suits me .
Is there information as to what the staff at fmtv eat as they must have had much more information than me who is new to this site.
Also I am lacking in willpower when I am so tired and in pain does anyone have any advice how to be consistent.
Keep up the good work