FMTV - Episode 1: What's in Our Food?

Episode 1: What's in Our Food?

Series: TRANSCENDENCE | Episode: 1 | Runtime: 47m 51s | Release date: 2018

This segment features: Brendon Burchard, Bruce Lipton, Chris Wark, Gabrielle Bernstein, John Robbins, Josh Axe, Libby Weaver, Marie Forleo, Mark Hyman, Novak Djokovic, Tom O'Bryan, Vani Hari, William Davis, Wim Hof.

Could the first step to changing your life be as simple as what you put in your mouth? Should you eliminate gluten? How can you heal the gut and autoimmune conditions naturally? What’s the best diet for long term health and vitality?

In this episode, we’ll begin by taking a closer look at the evolution of our modern diet and in particular, how our quest for the perfect, durable crop has resulted in a distorted version of a once-humble grain. But wheat and gluten can’t be all to blame, it is the culmination of what we eat and the way we eat in the 21st century that has really lead us astray.

We’ll also dive deep into the role of the gut in terms of overall health and its impact on the explosion of autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's, fibromyalgia, and celiac disease. Plus, witness how a young boy from war-torn Serbia went on to become one of the world’s greatest tennis players, simply through changing what he fueled his body with.

More From TRANSCENDENCE:

Venetia Van Wijk Von Reuth | 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I felt so sad watching this as I really fear that people are not listening or reading the truth about food! It worries me because everyone I know who has serious health issues, just don't want to know the facts because it's too hard to make the right changes to have amazing health. I think generally people are trusting the supermarkets and doctors who have no nutritional training and even nutritionists who promote wholegrain bread and cereals as fiber that we need. My husband had a hospital nutritionist tell him to eat white crumpets and rolled her eyes when I told her I don't eat bread or sugar. She tried to convince me I was wrong.
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us Venetia :) ~ Joyce@FMTV
Tracy Eliz Thurber | 3 months, 3 weeks ago
So Amazing! I am rewatching this for the umpteenth time and it still blows my mind. Can I purchase this? It would be a great way to introduce healthy living to reluctant friends, if I could hand them DVD. Please tell me if there is a way to get a DVD?
Thank you!
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello Tracy, feel free to check Transcendence DVD here https://store.foodmatters.com/collections/dvds/products/transcendence-dvd :) ~ Joyce@FMTV
Steve Gill | 4 months, 4 weeks ago
Beautiful production.
I've just rejoined FMTV (&Gaia for the first time - thanks).
Programs like this are helping me to find the right path after quitting my job where I wasn't handlilng the stress.
Thanks for helping me on my healthy retirement journey <3
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the message, Steve! Keep it up and we will be here along the way! ~ Jasmin@FMTV ❤
Juanita Rodriguez | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Excellent film. It is a lot to take in but makes sense. Great presenters that are waking the walk. Thank you! I have a long road ahead of me but you have to start somewhere and this film is a good map. I have a lot of health issues but I can see that many of them can be resolved by a change in diet and attitude about what is best for me. It is never too late to make a change.
Karelle | FMTV | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello Juanita. Indeed, it's never too late! Wishing you all the best on your journey! ~ Karelle@FMTV
Lena Burghardt | 6 months, 3 weeks ago
I am sensitive to gluten and try to avoid where ever I can. But sometimes when eating out I do get a dose of it and feel the effects....Not very nice. After watching What is in our food, I have checked my food stock and have not found any nasties so far. I buy organic where ever I can and try to eat healthily, but I can certainly use more information.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Lena, we have an Eating Out Guide in the Resources section of the 21-Day Food Matters Program. Kindly head here: https://www.fmtv.com/programs/21-day-program and go to the Resources section. You will find the Eating Out Guide at the Healthy Lifestyle Tips & Reminders PDF. Additionally, here are some tips and guidelines for smart ordering and healthy practices when eating out: https://www.foodmatters.com/article/how-to-shop-for-and-order-fish-in-restaurants, https://www.foodmatters.com/article/top-tips-on-how-to-dine-out-gmo-free, https://www.foodmatters.com/article/how-to-eat-healthy-when-you-re-on-the-go and https://www.foodmatters.com/article/10-of-the-best-road-trip-snacks. Hope this helps 🙂 ~ Iris@FMTV