What Ate My Mum? And Will It Eat Me?

Runtime: 47m | Release date: 2014

Cancer is a leading cause of death, responsible for about 13% of all deaths globally.

In the developed world, it claims the life of about one in four people. According to the World Health Organisation, this figure will rise to one in three by 2020. Most of us, if not all of us, know someone close to us who has died from cancer. My mother died from the next wave of asbestos-related cancer sufferers - the DIY generation. This documentary is a global look at living a long and healthy life, but it is told through my intimate story of my own search to understand my mother’s death.

This is the journey of a son (Marcus) trying to understand his mother’s death from cancer and what can be learned to achieve a long and healthy disease-free life. If not everyone who breathes in asbestos dies from cancer, then what are the other factors that contribute to their demise.

This story is not about pointing blame or finding a miracle cure for cancer, it’s about how we choose to live with consideration to environment, diet, exercise, lifestyle, attitude and how we cope with major life events.

*Disclaimer

Please be advised that although we feel there are important messages in this film, we also acknowledge that there may be conflicting ideologies that challenge beliefs. We like to encourage our viewers to do their own diligent research to determine which is the right approach for them as we regard nutrition and health as being highly individualized and not a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach.

Marcus Lovett

You may also like:

Iris Rivas-Nieves | 2 months ago
Great film! You never realize what hiding your emotion and not dealing with grief can do to you but it's best to cry, scream or whatever it takes to relieve yourself. I personally think kick boxing will do the trick. Thanks for another eye opening film.
Ivory David | FMTV | 2 months ago
We appreciate your time in sharing your insights with us Iris, we are happy to know that you have enjoyed the film ~ Ivory :)
julie dixon | 2 months ago
another great film thank you
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 2 months ago
You're welcome, Julie! Glad to hear you loved it :) ~ Iris
Velma Garnes | 4 months, 3 weeks ago
i could only clearly understand the commentator in this film. Mostly everyone else interviewed sounded like they had a mouthful of marbles. Not sure if there was a microphone difference or what. From what I could hear and understand, it seemed pretty interesting though!
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Velma! Sorry for the trouble. I hope you try to watch this again with the Captions on as Marcus truly relays a great message on what each of us can do to cultivate healthy emotions. ~ Jasmin ❤
marcia montez | 10 months ago
What a B E A U T I F U L documentary ! What a nice surprise to find out he, Marcus is the Brother from Cindy O'Meara.
This Film touched me so deep.: over 20 years ago, my father who was a Doctor ( Anesthesist), Vegan, Yoga Practitioner,experiencing all Kinds of diets (macrobiotic, raw Food,Juices,rawHoney, vegetables, nuts, fruits as organic as he could find that time (in the sixtys, in Brasil ) WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER (in 1994.Left this World in 1996). It was devastating to my whole family but I think afected me, the oldest daugther, the most ! Well, how I aparently overcome this TRAGEDY and how I've finally understood the possible causes, roots of Dad's Cancer, is a long long Story. So making it short, what empathysed me with ( or about?) this Movie was the Conclusion from Marcus Investigation, research : the Big Role the Emotions(sadness from loosing so many family members one after another, hiding the sorrows Etc...) afected profoundly his Mother's Health.And as I see , what WE all should learn and do about it in order to prevent or even reverse completely a Cancer.
I THANK You Marcus for sharing your Story. BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Márcia
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 10 months ago
Hi Marcia, thank you so much for sharing your dad's story with us and for sharing your thoughts about this topic. Wishing you every wellness as you continue your journey to better health :) ~ Iris
sarah redding | 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Shame the sound is so bad on this film.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Sarah, sorry to hear you are having trouble with the audio. There are a couple of things that you may need to try to ensure the audio on FMTV works smoothly for you. Please make sure you’re running the most recent versions of your browser and Flash player. You can update your Flash player here: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html. Also, please make sure you’ve turned up the audio on the video player itself, occasionally this may be switched off by default. The audio is controlled by the little bars in the bottom right corner of the video player, beside the 'cc' button. For further assistance, please contact our friendly customer support team at info@fmtv.com or you can take advantage of our 24/7 live chat (located at the bottom right hand corner of your FMTV browser). I hope this helps :) ~ Iris