Under Our Skin 2: Emergence

Runtime: 59m 31s | Release date: 2014

Watch 'Under Our Skin' here

The acclaimed documentary "Under Our Skin" (2009) brought unprecedented awareness to the shocking story of Lyme disease - an often chronic condition many doctors claimed was “all in your head."

Since then, the CDC has upped its estimate of annual cases by ten times, making Lyme disease more prevalent than HIV and breast cancer combined. This highly-anticipated sequel,Under Our Skin 2: Emergence investigates the deepening Lyme disease crisis and follows its casualties and controversies.

As the Lyme epidemic explodes globally, scandalous medical collisions and conflicts of interest incriminate the very healthcare systems meant to protect us. Despite the obstacles that researchers, physicians, and patients continue to face, promising new findings are emerging. And when we revisit the once gravely ill characters from "Under Our Skin", we see that they have moved from horror to hope, arriving at better health and reclaiming their lives.

Elise Brady-Moe
Charles Ray Jones
Joseph Jemsek
Mandy Hughes
Jordan Fisher Smith
Alan MacDonald
Marlena Connors
Dana Walsh

You may also like:

Beverly Dantz | 5 months, 1 week ago
This film brings to light great injustice, but it doesn't provide any solutions. In fact, I am dealing with chronic Lyme amongst other illnesses at this time, and the film really brought me down emotionally. It speaks of hope, but offer no reason to have any. Would have made the world of difference if one of the many participants offered an idea for how to overcome some of the symptoms, or where to get help(how to find Lyme-literate doctors), etc. Unfortunaltely, the only solution mentioned was allopathic medicines (antibiotics) which are often times not helpful and always detrimental to overall health. Very disappointed.
Ivory David | FMTV | 5 months, 1 week ago
Hello Beverly, I'm sorry if you feel that way. I greatly value your feedback and will surely pass this on to our Team ~ Ivory :)
Tonya Gillard | 1 year, 2 months ago
Loved part 1 and 2....wishing the patients who have healed all the best and to those seeking medical treatment I hope you find healing too.
I wish they spoke about how to self heal and what steps to take so we can all help those we know with this disease. How are these Drs healing people with lyme disease?
Great doco FMTV 😃👍
don bari | 1 year, 4 months ago
I commend the people in this documentary who were willing to speak the truth about the cover up and lies by IDSA, big pharma and the medical health insurance industry about chronic Lyme disease. Everyone needs to watch this. The danger of the vaccines that will eventually flood the market and harm many, will be devastating.
Donna Richards | 1 year, 4 months ago
whereis under your skin 1??
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 4 months ago
Hi Donna! You can watch Under Our Skin Part I here: https://www.fmtv.com/watch/under-our-skin. Hope you enjoy the film just as well :) Yours in wellness, Jasmin.
Julie Belton | 1 year, 5 months ago
"Simply too big a lie to admit to it now" How very sad. I just watched both movies - I had heard about Lyme disease but had no idea how debilitating it is, but even more troubling is the extent to which those poor people who suffer from it have to fight so hard to be heard and understood. Its as though we are living in the dark ages! Incredible how the vast majority of medical professionals remain adamant about the non-existence of such a devastating chronic illness. Thank goodness for those few doctors with integrity and compassion who continue to treat patients because its the right thing to do ... even at the cost of their own livelihood. God bless them!! Thank you for screening this important movie.
lruiz | 1 year, 5 months ago
so far so good...thanks
Vicki Victor | 1 year, 5 months ago
I'm glad I watched this documentary. I feel I am better informed about lyme disease, and will share it with others.