FMTV - Under Our Skin 2: Emergence

Under Our Skin 2: Emergence

Runtime: 59m 31s | Release date: 2014

Watch 'Under Our Skin' here

The acclaimed documentary "Under Our Skin" (2009) brought unprecedented awareness to the shocking story of Lyme disease - an often chronic condition many doctors claimed was “all in your head."

Since then, the CDC has upped its estimate of annual cases by ten times, making Lyme disease more prevalent than HIV and breast cancer combined. This highly-anticipated sequel,Under Our Skin 2: Emergence investigates the deepening Lyme disease crisis and follows its casualties and controversies.

As the Lyme epidemic explodes globally, scandalous medical collisions and conflicts of interest incriminate the very healthcare systems meant to protect us. Despite the obstacles that researchers, physicians, and patients continue to face, promising new findings are emerging. And when we revisit the once gravely ill characters from "Under Our Skin", we see that they have moved from horror to hope, arriving at better health and reclaiming their lives.

Elise Brady-Moe
Charles Ray Jones
Joseph Jemsek
Mandy Hughes
Jordan Fisher Smith
Alan MacDonald
Marlena Connors
Dana Walsh

You may also like:

Lis Kjär | 2 days, 18 hours ago
I am just curious; the patients in the documentaries that get cured. What treatment did they have? What is the treatment that the doctors in the film are using successfully (like fx doctor Jones), but apparently is so controversial to give to the patients?
Sherri Eaton | 1 month ago
Can anyone recommend a lab where you can order a test kit in the U.S. for best method of testing? My daughter had the standard test (came back negative) but every fiber of my being believes she suffers from Lyme.
Diane None | 3 months, 1 week ago
I work with a fellow who is 29 years old (in Canada) and this story is his story. I can't even begin to say how much I have enjoyed Under Our Skin and Emergence. A true eye opener. Absolutely everyone needs to have this information. Keep up the great work of having these very informative documentaries.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 3 months, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing this message with us, Diane :) ~ Pauline
Diane Darcy | 1 year, 9 months ago
I have had Lyme Disease at least from 2002. That fall of 2002 came home from camping with a large circle on my right upper leg [now have trouble spelling words-so I used upper leg]. Made appt. with the doctor 4 the next day. He sent me to Dermaogalist [spelling again], she had me wait 5 weeks before a lyme test. Well the test came back negative, but was never told that the test said to have another done in 2-3 weeks. Only found out because a Dr. [2006] requested 4 me to obtain all my records. I live in NJ but this Dr. lived in NM. I was sent a script to have another Lyme test . It was sent to a lab in Califoria. Tested Positive and also with the various co-infections. The Dr. in NM treated me, but was unable to rid m,e of this cribiling diseasde. I believe that part of the reason I was not able rid Lyme... was due to the terrible abuse from my son. Unkown to me then was that he also was infected with Lyme. But the medical system treated him for bi-polar. He only tried to kill himself 6 times in 1 year due to the anti-psy drugs that he was given.. The last one he just almost succeeded. So that endfed his trying to end his life. But maybe it meant have been better if he did suceed. Why I say that is because of the undiagnois of lyme and the psy drugs and what ever he could obtain off the street due to the psyclogical and physical, and perhaps the spirititual, he now has the illness of Schizophrenia. I still have Lyme... and have tried to get help for my son and myself. But I can no longer help my SON, as he had always refused to take the meds, and even the homeopat [spelling ?] ones from a Dr. that treated him and his older brother as young children and early teen years. He is so very abusive to me less phyially now and very verberly abusive. His father choses to live in his room, but then I never realizes that was who he is. Yes he will drive him to the probation, and get his fast food. But that more or less sums it up. I realize that if I am ever to be given a chance to heal I have to let go of my 34 year old son. I have been paying for all and every treatment and the lawyers. All the money I have has been given to trying to get help 4 us. I can not help him, so I have to come 2 acceptance of the this reality. There is so much more I could write, but need to begin caring for me today. Please forgive my letting go of my son. Hope & healing 2 all.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 9 months ago
Hi Diane! I'm sorry you're going through this difficult time, and I'm praying for peace for you and your family. I'd like to share this beautiful affirmation from the late Louise Hay: “I forgive you for not being the way I wanted you to be. I forgive you and I set you free.” Please take the time to watch "You Can Heal Your Life" https://www.fmtv.com/watch/you-can-heal-your-life. Sending you positive thoughts and healing! ~ Jasmin ❤
Beverly Dantz | 2 years, 3 months ago
This film brings to light great injustice, but it doesn't provide any solutions. In fact, I am dealing with chronic Lyme amongst other illnesses at this time, and the film really brought me down emotionally. It speaks of hope, but offer no reason to have any. Would have made the world of difference if one of the many participants offered an idea for how to overcome some of the symptoms, or where to get help(how to find Lyme-literate doctors), etc. Unfortunaltely, the only solution mentioned was allopathic medicines (antibiotics) which are often times not helpful and always detrimental to overall health. Very disappointed.
Ivory David | FMTV | 2 years, 3 months ago
Hello Beverly, I'm sorry if you feel that way. I greatly value your feedback and will surely pass this on to our Team ~ Ivory :)
Tonya Gillard | 3 years ago
Loved part 1 and 2....wishing the patients who have healed all the best and to those seeking medical treatment I hope you find healing too.
I wish they spoke about how to self heal and what steps to take so we can all help those we know with this disease. How are these Drs healing people with lyme disease?
Great doco FMTV 😃👍
don bari | 3 years, 1 month ago
I commend the people in this documentary who were willing to speak the truth about the cover up and lies by IDSA, big pharma and the medical health insurance industry about chronic Lyme disease. Everyone needs to watch this. The danger of the vaccines that will eventually flood the market and harm many, will be devastating.