FMTV - How Gluten Affects Your Mood, Skin & Gut with Tom O'Bryan

How Gluten Affects Your Mood, Skin & Gut with Tom O'Bryan

Series: Transcendence Extended Interviews | Episode: 17 | Runtime: 51m 16s | Release date: 2019

This segment features: Tom O'Bryan.

Join world-renowned expert in the field of gluten-related disorders, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, & celiac disease, Dr. Tom O’Bryan as he dives deep into gluten and the numerous effects it has on the body.

With such a high percentage of people claiming to be gluten-intolerant, we could ask if it is just a fad, after all, our ancestors ate so much wheat! Dr. Tom O’Bryan helps us navigate what seems to be a trend and explains the science behind it. Plus, he unpacks the myriad of symptoms that point to a gluten intolerance.

In this interview, you will learn:

• How infertility led him to a deep study of autoimmune conditions
  • The endless list of symptoms that point to a sensitivity to wheat
  • The mechanisms of gut permeability and the link it has to autoimmune conditions and health in general
  • What happens to everyone when they eat wheat - celiac or not
  • How wheat went from being the optimal crop, to the danger that it is today
  • The difference between coeliac disease and gluten-sensitivity
  • Dr. Tom O’Bryan’s tips for creating a healthy environment in the gut

Tom O'Bryan

More From Transcendence Extended Interviews:

Connie Unger | 3 months, 1 week ago
I am appreciating this interview with Dr. O'Bryan so much! Could you please spell out the name of Dr. Mario in regard to the lesions on the brain? Thank you so much! ~ Connie
Clydella Huggins | 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Dr. O'Bryan's simplicity of delivery really opened my eyes to the damage I could be unknowingly inflicting on my body by the choices I make in my diet.

Thank you Food Matters. Thank you Dr. O'Bryan!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 5 months, 2 weeks ago
You're very much welcome, Clydella! So glad to know you enjoyed Dr. O'Bryan's presentation and has been an eye opener for you :) All the best on your journey ahead! ~ Iris
Delia Hammond | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
I’ve have had inflammation of the gut for many years now and have taken PPI’s prescribed by my doctor for most of the years. I was in so much pain and felt that the pills were not helping so went to my doctor and asked why did I have inflammation and what could I do to cure it and was told “ just take the pills “ . So I have been reading every article about gut health and I am eating fermented foods everyday but didn’t completely understand the reason I needed to eat this way and the reason I had inflammation . Big light bulb moment after watching Tom O’ Bryan. This man has helped me understand what my poor gut needs and how to help it recover. He tells you in such simple terms and paints a picture of how your “ cheese cloth “ is broken down that you can see exactly how things go wrong in the gut. Sadly in England where I live the NHS only treats the symptoms with pills, not interested in how and why you got your particular disease or how to cure it which is why I have to help myself. Thank you so much for this interview, maybe I will get well after putting his information into practice. Fantastic teacher, going to buy his books, so much to learn.
Ivory David | FMTV | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Delia, we are delighted knowing this interview has shed you some light. We are sorry that you have to go through all these. We wish you health and wellness in your healing journey ~ Ivory :)
Dario Rogoz | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Healthy Gut is a Key
buy five different kinds of fermented vegetables.(Just make sure they're not pasteurized): sauerkraut, kimchi, curry flavored, Italian flavor,
type in list of prebiotic foods, every day you make sure to have at least two PREBIOTIC foods, not probiotic prebiotic
Chinese yams, bitter melon
Melanie McGookin | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Put so effortlessly and explain so easily, I love this I am actually going to order his book “ you can fix your brain” asi do suffer from time to time with low moods and depression and will not run for medication as I believe sourcing the root of the problem not sticking a plaster over it.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks so much for your wonderful feedback, Melanie! For more documentaries and interviews around this topic, you might also want to check out the following links: https://www.fmtv.com/b/documentaries?tags=depression-and-anxiety, https://www.fmtv.com/series/overcoming-depression-and-anxiety-series and https://www.fmtv.com/series/free-yourself-from-anxiety-depression-and-adhd. Hope this helps as well :) Thanks for watching! ~ Iris
Sandy Lotz | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Just love the way Dr 'O Bryan he describes how the gut works... Brilliant!
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Glad you enjoyed this, Sandy! :)