FMTV - Hormones, Stress, Weight Loss & the Art of Managing It All with Libby Weaver

Hormones, Stress, Weight Loss & the Art of Managing It All with Libby Weaver

Series: Transcendence Extended Interviews | Runtime: 45m 33s | Release date: 2019

This segment features: Libby Weaver.

Join one of Australasia's leading nutritional biochemists, author, and speaker Dr. Libby Weaver, as she shares her knowledge of stress and the detrimental effects it can have on the body. Through her three pillar approach - biochemical, nutritional, & emotional - she explains how she leads people to healthy habits, in both their diets as well as their thought patterns.

She also goes deep into limiting beliefs and when and how they take root. These beliefs can go unnoticed but can be visible in the ways they are actually holding you back. Her solution?? Discovering who you really are and prepare to be in awe of yourself.

• What kickstarted her passion for health and wellness
  • The key question she asks her patients to find out their relationship with food and health
  • The intricate consequences of being nutritionally deficient
  • The way the body communicates to us and give us feedback to what we are fuelling it with
  • Pressure and urgency as a perception that leads us to a stressful lifestyle - detrimental for our health
  • The lifestyle stressors that many people they are unaware they live in because they are ‘normal’
  • The real currency of health and how to get it
  • Joy as medicine and the support it can be to your overall wellness
  • Techniques to reduce stress or fear
  • The science behind your beliefs creating your experience

Libby Weaver

More From Transcendence Extended Interviews:

Traci Millar | 5 days, 23 hours ago
Wow! I've been learning so much from watching episodes on here, but this one really hit home for me. :) And that's not to say the others haven't given me some a-ha moments or made me smile or caused me to pause and reflect on my life and my life choices. Libby has given me "food for thought" and the motivation to view my life in a whole new healthy way. Thank you!
Karelle | FMTV | 5 days, 21 hours ago
Thank you for this lovely feedback, Traci! :) ~ Karelle
Christoph Binder | 6 days, 9 hours ago
Always reling on glucose because of stress hormone productin!? WHAT!
At this point every sentence of Dr Libbys part is just essential.
Ivory David | FMTV | 6 days, 4 hours ago
It's nice to know that you are learning a lot from FMTV, Christoph ~ Ivory :)
Christoph Binder | 6 days, 9 hours ago
Here is another observation, when i drink caffeine over a certain point i get sugar cravings.. which i wouldnt have normally, its very strange and yet another reaons to quit every bit of caffeine.
Ivory David | FMTV | 6 days, 5 hours ago
Christoph Binder | 6 days, 9 hours ago
I have to agree, i stopped after the first 12 minutes, because the information was so good, so important, so well presented and just so mindblowing.
I am certainly an emotional eater, it makes me "feel better" especially caffeine and the occaisonal chocolate.
Is there something about emotional eating here on FMTV?
Alos i know deep down that i need to quit coffee, it just keeps me in flight or fight mode and my sleep is really not good.
But its actually the hardest thing to do because of that emotional conection to it, probably not because of the acutal withdrawal symptoms of caffeine, which i know i dont have personally, its really all emotional.

Wow i just blew my own mind. So good.
Ivory David | FMTV | 6 days, 5 hours ago
Hello Christoph, we are happy to have you on board. Perhaps you might find this https://www.fmtv.com/series/mindful-eating-meditations interesting. We also have great articles about emotional eating which you can find here: https://www.foodmatters.com/article/emotional-eating-are-you-feeding-your-feelings https://www.foodmatters.com/article/number-one-invisible-cause-of-emotional-eating I hope this somehow helps ~ Ivory :)
cathy beveridge H | 1 week, 4 days ago
OMW....Blown away with the information......thank you thank you thank you
Ivory David | FMTV | 1 week, 4 days ago
You're welcome Cathy, we are glad you had some wonderful time ~ Ivory :)