FMTV - The Perfect Human Diet

The Perfect Human Diet

Runtime: 87m 25s | Release date: 2012

The Perfect Human Diet is the unprecedented global exploration for a solution to our epidemic of overweight, obesity, and diet-related diseases - the #1 killer in America. This film, by broadcast journalist C.J. Hunt, bypasses current dietary group-think by exploring modern dietary science, previous historical findings, ancestral native diets and the emerging field of human dietary evolution - revealing for the first time, the authentic human diet. Film audiences finally can see what our species truly needs for optimal health and are given a practical template based on scientific facts.

*Disclaimer

Please be advised that although we feel there are important messages in this film, we also acknowledge that there may be conflicting ideologies that challenge beliefs. We like to encourage our viewers to do their own diligent research to determine which is the right approach for them as we regard nutrition and health as being highly individualized and not a ‘one size fits all’ approach.

Lane Sebring
Robb Wolf
Gary Taubes
Loren Cordain
Michael Eades
Barry Sears
Prof. Jean-Jacques Hublin
Dr. Jay Wortman
Leslie Aiello
Andrew Weil
Boyd Eaton
David Getoff

You may also like:

Rachel Hayden | 1 week, 2 days ago
Watching this film left me confused at first - but actually reading the comments, both positive and negative has helped clarify things for me. This film bases it’s findings on the principles of evolution- but in it’s conclusion it forgets that premise - stating that what is best for us is what our ancestors ate. That is what was best for them in their circumstance. Evolution is about adaptation in the environment - evolution is about change and about doing what works for the individual.
So the film has opened my eyes to not blindly follow the path of whole grains or to automatically rule out meat - and the comments here have reminded me that we need to do what works for us as individuals and we need to recognize that what works for us can change.
Despite some criticism here FMTV , I applaud you for sharing this video - it’s good to question assumptions and to challenge ideas.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 week, 2 days ago
That is great to know, Rachel! Happy to hear you were enlightened by the film and thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the film :) ~ Iris
Venetia Van Wijk Von Reuth | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Coming from 22 years of being vegan I can say I am healthier now eating meat, fat and bone marrow and bone broth. I was slowly dying on a vegan diet and became obese much to my shame as I believed I ate right. Problem is that people change diets due to advice, my question is what diets do lions have? Giraffes? Elephants? Dolphins? Are these animals confused about their diet? Ok we so what is the Human Diet??? It certainly aint MacDonalds drive through or vegan cheese (has anyone deciphered the ingredients ?) If our ancestors were vegan we wouldn't be having this discussion today. The only animals who have issues and confusion with diet are humans and the animals we keep in captivity including our pets. I was listening to Mario Martinez on the Mind body Code, he even says that in studies of Centenarians there are no vegetarians or vegans as they don't qualify on those studies. Doesn't that speak volumes???
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Hi Venetia, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this topic. What works is different for everybody, yet when we feed our body the most nutrient-rich and healthful foods, we can help to prevent disease, gain more energy, manage our weight naturally and feel amazing! We don't believe there is a one size fits all approach to the 'perfect diet' as everybody is unique and needs to eat accordingly. We encourage everyone to do some research into all of the dietary theories, experiment with them and listening to one's body and to choose what works best for their body :) ~ Iris
steve seguin | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
This film does not add to the confusion at all like many comments here. This film is weak at best. Nowhere in the movie did we see a scientific study that shows that eating meat is a perfect diet for humans. Does eating mainly meat can cure heart deseases, diabetes, cancer and many more like a plant base diet? No! All the people interviewed in this movie said "we think" humans are made to eat meat because we have been eating meat forever. How about sustainability? Imagine if 7 billion human had a diet composed of 70% meat. It would be impossible to sustain. Think about it, the only reason we came to eat meat is because of survival, the invention of tools and the use of fire. I dare anyone to chase a deer and kill it with your hands and mouth then tear the flesh with your mouth and eat all the meat and organs raw. See how long you last without being sick. You can't read the China Study and still think meat and dairy is good for you. You can't read the work of Dr Gerson , Dr Furhman, Dr Greger and many more and not beleive in the power of a plant base diet.
Ivory David | FMTV | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Hello Steve, thank you for imparting your thoughts with us. I greatly value your feedback and will surely share this with the Team ~ Ivory
Venetia Van Wijk Von Reuth | 1 month, 3 weeks ago | Edited 1 month, 3 weeks ago
I can see why people are confused. However this documentary isn't confusing at all, it just highlights that we are constantly bombarded by what everyone thinks what we should eat. Do lions get confused about what to eat? Do giraffes get confused about what to eat? Does any animal that is not in captivity or fed by humans get confused about what to eat? No I didn't think so either. Problem with humans is we have a perfect diet, however everyone has been conditioned by governments, society and big food companies about what to eat and how many times to eat, that we have lost our Natural Diet and eat a lot of genetically modified, chemically treated and processed crap. I was vegan for 22 years of my life, on my way to diabetes, I was morbidly obese and eating plastic vegan foods alongside masses amounts of vegetables and fresh fruit thinking they were good for me. I changed 3 years ago when I realised I was slowly killing myself and now eat as close to a Human Diet, what we were designed to eat, so yes I eat offal, fat, liver, brains, meath, marrow ect..and anyone can call it whatever they like, my body craves high fat, and not necessarily all meat based either, but I eat way less as I am satiated quickly, I eat good quality food, bone marrow, liver and brain, I eat what human beings have eaten for millions of years and lost half my body weight in 2 years without exercise. My cholesterol levels are perfect, I never get sick, I have never been to a hospital, I am in perfect health and I get checked every 6 months because my best friend is a GP and was initially worried about my high fat diet. Okay I have to admit, at first I would gag and dry wretch when I ate brain and liver, but this is what we are designed to eat so I began to love it. I mean our ancestors were not confused about their diet! That is how they survived over the thousands of years. I also try very hard to eat what's in season. Look at nature around us and when you understand that every animal, including us all have the perfect diets designed by nature you will realise that every region of the world in all of human history ate what was available to them and in season. And that doesn't mean that this is what anyone should do, it was my journey because I was very, very ill and I knew that I would not live a long, healthy life the way I was going. And yeah I was listening to everyone but my body. I understand that the local supermarket makes everyone available to us at every season, every day, but we need to eat as closely to natures rules, we were not designed to be sick, we were designed to thrive and live long, healthy lives. That is my intention.
John Cheyne | 2 months ago
This show just adds to the confusion. Bottom line, eat lots of fruits and vegetables (60-70% of diet), end of story. Keto, high protein, low fat and all the rest of the fads out there miss the simple overwhelming truth that processed foods, junk foods, refined carbs in general are the problem. Don't eat these things. Fruits and vegetables are carbs but they are hardly the same as having a doughnut or fries , which are also carbs. Having maybe 5 servings of meat per week is fine, but a lot of people eat meat 3 times a day; way too much! Fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fish, chicken are all good and need to be balanced so not 1 item overtakes the rest.
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 2 months ago
Thank you for sharing us your thoughts, John :) ~ Joyce
MARY MAUCH | 3 months, 1 week ago
As a medical and nutritional profession (yes, I have 2 degrees), I appreciated your presentation The Perfect Human Diet. I was vegetarian for 12 years and vegan for 1 1/2 years. When vegan my triglycerides skyrocketed to 475. My functional medicine doctor at The Cleveland Clinic recommended a Keto diet. On the Ketogenic Diet I lost 65 lbs and my triglycerides dropped to 175, which is not perfect but significantly better. I am now faced a terminal lung condition. Since my new diagnosis I have gone, to raw vegan. So basically the point I am getting to is that life is a journey and everyone needs to do what is beneficial for their lifestyle. We are not all the same. I will do me and I want you to do you. Whatever is best for you. But let's remember to coexist and try not to lock ourselves into a lifetime commitment if we feel the need to change according to what life throws at us. As David Wolfe always says, " Have the greatest day ever, today!"