FMTV - The Perfect Human Diet

The Perfect Human Diet

Runtime: 87m 25s | Release date: 2012

The Perfect Human Diet is the unprecedented global exploration for a solution to our epidemic of overweight, obesity, and diet-related diseases - the #1 killer in America. This film, by broadcast journalist C.J. Hunt, bypasses current dietary group-think by exploring modern dietary science, previous historical findings, ancestral native diets and the emerging field of human dietary evolution - revealing for the first time, the authentic human diet. Film audiences finally can see what our species truly needs for optimal health and are given a practical template based on scientific facts.

*Disclaimer

Please be advised that although we feel there are important messages in this film, we also acknowledge that there may be conflicting ideologies that challenge beliefs. We like to encourage our viewers to do their own diligent research to determine which is the right approach for them as we regard nutrition and health as being highly individualized and not a ‘one size fits all’ approach.

Lane Sebring
Andrew Weil
Boyd Eaton
David Getoff

You may also like:

Ron Goodswen | 1 month, 1 week ago
Wow..!!!
I'm looking at some of the comments on here and thinking that I'm in the middle of a philosophy discussion!
I think it's fair to say that some of the most intolerant posts here are from committed vegan/vegetarians, who are almost zealot-like in their condemnation of anyone who dares to think differently from their own narrow viewpoint. I was vegetarian for mostly ethical reasons for many years and suffered progressive health issues that were to put it simply, diet and lifestyle related.
Over the last 2 years I have embraced a Paleo/Keto approach and lost weight and improved EVERY health indicator as a result.( I only choose to eat meat, fish, nuts, eggs, Butter, and LOTS of GREEN stuff but NO grains, beans or sugar at all ) Even so, I would not be so arrogant as to disrespect others food philosophies IF IT WORKS FOR THEM.

I only know that this change in my lifestyle has made me feel healthier and vastly improved my quality of life, isn't that what it's all about?
Lifestyle choices have the greatest impact on our health and well-being, the food choices that we made are only a small part of being healthy in both mind and body. This is WHY I am grateful for the breadth and depth of the FMTV website and find it so inspiring to be part of this community.
It is only right that FMTV should offer an alternate viewpoint to HEALTHY living, which is exactly what The Perfect Human Diet is about, it's good evidential science.
Ultimately, we can only conclude that ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL.
BWe need to simply be open minded and find the path that fits each of us the best.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 month, 1 week ago
Hi Ron! Thank you for your wonderful and insightful feedback. We always love hearing about our members' health journeys, keep up the good work! Wishing you wellness, Jasmin :)
steve seguin | 2 months, 3 weeks ago
This movie is weak at best. The only evidence to support his claim are “museum employees” personal point of view based on the fact that our ancestors ate meat. With all the research done on nutrition, none support the claim that eating meat for human support longevity or help heal diseases. The only true diet for human is a plant base diet. Eating animal products is only possible with tools to kill the animal and then cooking the meat to avoid bacteria infection. If we were intended to eat meat then it implies that we were created “incomplete” until we evolve enough to create the necessary tools to finally eat what was necessary. It just does not make sense. The only thing that truly separates use from the other mammals is that we will try anything to survive and eating meat most likely when survival was at stake. Inge Fisher could not “let go” eating meat thus his movie is extremely bias.
Ron Goodswen | 1 month, 1 week ago
Don't you think you're taking a rather dismissive tone here Steve?
"museum employees"..!!! as if they're unworthy or some low form of life.?
That's spectacularly disingenuous.
all you achieve here is making your own inflexible ideology unattractive
Rozanne van Heiningen | 3 months, 1 week ago
I totally agree with Inge Fisher, I'm a vegetarian almost all my life because I think the bio-industry is slaughtering animals and the environment. I feel good with this way of eating.What they say in this movie could be true, but if we eat a lot more meat, there will only be more problems in the environment and there will be more animal factories ....
Inge Fisher | 5 months ago
It's frustrating that we cannot see documentaries where the leading lights in nutritional research appear together, discussing their dramatically different, even opposing, findings! How can we believe this documentary to be right if we then watch one with Dr Campbell advocating a plant based diet and giving evidence of how that is the healtiest diet, and showing that animal protein is bad for us? Far from clearing up the confusion, this documentary just adds to it. Please can we have a serious effort to compare and contrast these radically different beliefs (or science??) that are presented in seperate documentaries on this website? In the meantime, I am sticking to this: Eat real food, mostly plants, not too much! Thank you :-)
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 5 months ago
Thank you for taking the time to share an insightful feedback, Inge. I'll pitch this to the team to see what they think. As of now, I would suggest that you make use of our filters to select the subjects accordingly. Thanks again and feel free to connect with us anytime if you have any wonderful tips on how we can improve the site. ~ Jasmin
Tamara Odeh | 1 week, 1 day ago
Weston Price is also a great great source of information. Solid research and honest information which I have come to completely trust, after having been through so many 'THE diets'. I went from fat-free to low carb low fat, to veganism to keto to intermittent fasting. Honestly, at some point I just wanted to vanish as it began to feel hopeless!! But I found my way back though the Weston Price foundation. I advise you to check them out. And no, I don't work for them nor do I have any connection to them.

They have lots of free resources on youtube and Sally Fallons book Nourishing Traditions is packed with information!
Chels B | 6 months, 1 week ago
Loved the part when he explores human evolution and compares body composition and bone chemistry! Very interesting documentary!
Ivory David | FMTV | 6 months, 1 week ago
We hope you learned a lot from the film Chels, thank you so much for tuning in ~ Ivory :)