FMTV - The Meat Lobby: Big Business Against Health?

The Meat Lobby: Big Business Against Health?

Runtime: 52m 26s | Release date: 2015

In 2015, the WHO listed one of the additives in processed meats as carcinogenic. That same additive was nearly banned in America in the 1970's until lobbying from the meat industry discredited the scientists. We reveal how to impede or halt regulations on certain additives lobbyists have been working in the shadows for decades.

At the heart of this strategy are the scientists who collaborate with the meat industry and who receive generous compensation for studies that promote meat consumption. In conjunction with this, those whose work finds health risks associated with meat are ‘shot down’.

From Brittany to Denmark, through California and Wisconsin, director Sandrine Rigaud conducted a year-long investigation on the tactics of the meat industry.

Sandrine Rigaud
Guillaume Coudray

You may also like:

Kathleen Rehman | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
I meant eat not heat healthy. Not option to edit.
Kathleen Rehman | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
I am so glad I went plant based/whole foods lifestyle. I remember that study when I was a young child appearing on the news. I was terrified of eating hot dogs and wondered what had happened. I refused to eat it. My mother was a single mother and often bought foods that were cheap and inexpensive to make in a quick fix. Thankfully now we can raise our children up to heat healthy and have the knowledge/wisdom choosing wisely what goes into our bodies. We are not a science experiment. We are people.
Karelle | FMTV | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
You can say that again, Kathleen! ~ Karelle
Zita Kalman | 3 months, 1 week ago | Edited 3 months, 1 week ago
Watching this movie I now wonder if there are any companies in the UK that do not add nitrites to their meat products. Would anyone here know? Thanks in advance!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 3 months ago
Hi Zita! Check out your organic meat options at your local butcher even the Farmers markets have some great options, hope you find some yummy nitrite free options :) ~ Iris
Angela Harding Harding | 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I wish the journalist wasn’t wearing a Canada goose jacket. It’s a product of torture. Other than that, this is a great film.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for watching and for dropping by to comment, Angela! :-) ~ Iris
Marina Edgar | 10 months, 1 week ago
My, I agree, but it does take major courage to try and interview these hypocrites and their bare faced lies - always follow the money that is all it is about - care for fellow man and children - what is that?? - no money in it. Man's inhumanity to man continues to this day and this movie was done in 2015.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 10 months, 1 week ago
Hi Marina, thank you for taking the time to comment and for sharing your thoughts about this topic :) ~ Iris
Deborah Piper | 1 year, 5 months ago
I applause that journalist! Took guts to make those hypocrites squirm but she did it well! Great documentary!