The Marketing Of Madness

Runtime: 178m 20s | Release date: 2010

The definitive documentary on psychotropic drugging—this is the story of the high-income partnership between drug companies and psychiatry which has created an $80 billion profit from the peddling of psychotropic drugs to an unsuspecting public.

But appearances are deceiving.

How valid are psychiatrists' diagnoses—and how safe are their drugs?

Digging deep beneath the corporate veneer, this three-part documentary exposes the truth behind the slick marketing schemes and scientific deceit that conceal a dangerous and often deadly sales campaign.

Dr. Brent Agin
Ross Anderson
Chris Barden
Claire Beren
Joshua Boydstun
Dr. Hyla Cass
Dr. Jeffrey Dach
Dr. Anne Dunev

You may also like:

krystal kouvaras | 4 months, 4 weeks ago
Just taking a break at 1 and a half hour mark. I am half way through but feel compelled to see it through. OOOH I feel disgusted and lied to and betrayed by these drug companies. Like many others I believed the journals and the reports. My husband is a pharmacist and he believed them. Our daughter is on psychotropic drugs and I'm not sure how to get her off them. I feel a bit sick right now.
Barney Coffman | 9 months ago | Edited 8 months, 4 weeks ago
Currently taking a "pause" from watching this documentary, just past the half-way time - Yes, I too was mislead by the 1Hr 58min claim, Oh My! LOL -- Taking a rest, due to my increasing frustration with the Rx industry, the FDA, and most everything related to the field of western medicine; even though I am a Respiratory Therapist working in a hospital. There are several similar documentaries I have watched; several on the relationship between the doctors, the Rx companies, the FDA, the Lobbyist, etc...basically the same connections, lies and cover-ups mentioned so far in this one. It is RAMPANT! Perhaps you too have watched: Statin Nation, American Addict, or Doctored - to name a few. And while YES, there are true mental disorders; the point of this movie is not focused on those who truly are mentally ill; but on the lies and deceit running rampant in the field of psychiatry and pharmacology to sell the drugs by falsely convincing people they are mentally ill so they will take their drugs. -- Blessings & Good Health
Shirley Brown | 1 year ago
This is a great film. Very informative. I have seen some others on this subject, but this is, by far, the best so far. Thank you.
Nicole Fieger | 1 year, 1 month ago
Wow, I watched the documentary yesterday and it inspired me to speak to a few people who are in belief that only drugs can rule their well-being.

I am on ADHD drugs myself since one year and I am frightened to hear what they do to you.... in fact, this explains some disturbances I was blaming other things for. Over the past year, I watched probably every documentary on your channel and I conclude that our bodies are designed to heal themselves... if we let them, and that real food and relaxation are our best medication.

In the past 20 years, I have been very conscious about my food intake, vegetarian and a banner of all processed foods. I boycott all famous fast food restaurants since decades. Being from Europe, the North American food culture just disgusted me since there is often no sign of real food to see anymore. And many people I met don't even know how to cook. Very sad...

I hope this movie will educate and stimulate some of us. I took a doc's appointment for my first step to get off these meds...Thanks for inspiring me !!!! With love ☼
Vee Davila | 1 year, 1 month ago
The time is wrong. It says that is 1hr 57mnts long but it is actually longer. It's actually 2hrs 57mnts. Other than that great documentary.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 year, 1 month ago
Hi Vee, thank you for your feedback about the runtime of the film and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will have this corrected as soon as possible :) Wishing you wellness! ~ Iris
Liz | 1 year, 4 months ago | Edited 1 year, 4 months ago
This film was funded by the Church of Scientology.
alex benitez | 9 months, 1 week ago
Liz, I saw that as well and was cautiously watching this. I am no fan of Church of Scientology and know they are totally against any medication and have some wacky beliefs. But putting that aside and looking at the facts and what you may know is true about the pharma industry, this video is pretty much on target.
Taina ~ | 2 years ago
"Live and let live" is now a delusion. What pill will fix that?
Ivory David | FMTV | 2 years ago
Hello Taina, we understand how your feel. You might want to check Food Matters Film as well. 'Food Matters' features interviews with leading health experts who reveal the best natural healing choices you can make for you and your family's health. In the film you'll discover what works, what doesn’t and what’s potentially killing you when it comes to your health. Wishing you wellness ~ Ivory :)