FMTV - The Best Ever Vegan Mac & Cheese

The Best Ever Vegan Mac & Cheese

Series: Elizabeth Eats Series 1 | Episode: 2 | Runtime: 12m 22s | Release date: 2016

This segment features: Elizabeth Rider.

Enjoy Elizabeth's favorite healthy comfort food recipe of all time. After exhaustive research, Elizabeth creates a whole food alternative to vegan cheese, which is typically made with soy and full of processed ingredients. You've got to try this truly healthy and amazing way to make this traditional comfort food and relive some childhood memories! No guilt necessary.

Serves: 4

Elizabeth Rider

More From Elizabeth Eats Series 1:

Gail Weirich | 1 week, 4 days ago
I have histamine issues with nuts. What can I use to make the sauce that is non nuts? Also I have histamine issues with yeast. Life is a challenge!!
Ivory David | FMTV | 1 week, 4 days ago
Hello Gail, it may alter the taste a bit but perhaps you may use sunflower, pumpkin or squash seeds and for the nutritional yeast, you can opt-in for store-bought vegan cheese ( please get organic produce whenever possible ) ~ Ivory :)
Celia Pereira da Silva | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
we have prepared it a few times with and without the cauli flower. The only difference is that we add turmeric to make it cheese yellow...it tastes amazing! It has been a staple on our table. The nutritional yeast makes all the difference in taste and the turmeric powder adds the color.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Glad you loved this, Celia! Thank you for sharing this :) ~ Pauline
Kim w | 5 months ago
I made this tonight and was a little worried at first. It didn’t taste like Mac and cheese. I then added more than a pinch of salt and pepper. I also used red pepper and Herbed sea salt. I added about an extra tblsp of nutritional yeast. For the bread crumbs I mixed the Panko with olive oil and a little sea salt and pepper, paprika in a bowl before I used the mixture on top of the pasta and broiled. It was delicious! Thanks for the recipe.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 5 months ago
You're very much welcome, Kim and thank you for sharing these tips! :) ~ Iris
Lori Froehlich | 8 months, 2 weeks ago
Made this last night and honestly it wasn’t good. I followed the recipe but my sauce didn’t taste like cheese. Saddddd face.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 8 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Lori, sorry to hear it didn't work well for you. But hope you could try her other recipes in this series and enjoy them :) ~ Iris
Caroline Horn | 9 months, 2 weeks ago
I can't wait to try this. I love Elizabeth...I am a "seasoned" cook, and I still learn tips from her videos. I am really enjoying her series.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Happy to hear you're enjoying her series, Caroline! We can't wait to hear how you'd go! Enjoy! ♥ ~ Iris