FMTV - The Best Ever Vegan Mac & Cheese

The Best Ever Vegan Mac & Cheese

Series: Elizabeth Eats Series 1 | Episode: 2 | Runtime: 12m 22s | Release date: 2016

This segment features: Elizabeth Rider.

Enjoy Elizabeth's favorite healthy comfort food recipe of all time. After exhaustive research, Elizabeth creates a whole food alternative to vegan cheese, which is typically made with soy and full of processed ingredients. You've got to try this truly healthy and amazing way to make this traditional comfort food and relive some childhood memories! No guilt necessary.

Serves: 4

Elizabeth Rider

More From Elizabeth Eats Series 1:

Kim w | 3 months ago
I made this tonight and was a little worried at first. It didn’t taste like Mac and cheese. I then added more than a pinch of salt and pepper. I also used red pepper and Herbed sea salt. I added about an extra tblsp of nutritional yeast. For the bread crumbs I mixed the Panko with olive oil and a little sea salt and pepper, paprika in a bowl before I used the mixture on top of the pasta and broiled. It was delicious! Thanks for the recipe.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 3 months ago
You're very much welcome, Kim and thank you for sharing these tips! :) ~ Iris
Lori Froehlich | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Made this last night and honestly it wasn’t good. I followed the recipe but my sauce didn’t taste like cheese. Saddddd face.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Lori, sorry to hear it didn't work well for you. But hope you could try her other recipes in this series and enjoy them :) ~ Iris
Caroline Horn | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
I can't wait to try this. I love Elizabeth...I am a "seasoned" cook, and I still learn tips from her videos. I am really enjoying her series.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Happy to hear you're enjoying her series, Caroline! We can't wait to hear how you'd go! Enjoy! ♥ ~ Iris
Kim Lee | 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Do you have this recipe in writing? It would be so much easier to refer to that when cooking, rather than the video.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Kim, absolutely! Below the video player, you will find the written recipe. Just click the ‘More’ button for the full recipe to display. You can also print the recipe if you wish to. Simply click the 'Print Recipe' icon or button beside the 'Notes' button located right below the video player. Hope this helps :) ~ Iris
Carolina Segura | 9 months, 3 weeks ago
What a great recipe! I didn't have cashews but activated almonds, and even without the yeast, it did taste AMAZING! And although I never had the reference flavor of a normal mac and cheese.. here where I live we don't have that, I just loved the flavor of cauliflower with the almonds!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 9 months, 3 weeks ago