The Best Adrenal Tonic Ever

Series: Restoring Adrenal Health | Episode: 6 | Runtime: 14m 50s | Release date: 2010

This segment features: David Wolfe.

This tonic recipe is a rich and well-rounded herbal formula that tastes amazing and will replenish low functioning adrenals faster than you can say “kidney bean”.

Rehmannia is known as “the kidneys’ own food.” It is the most important Chinese herb for replenishing the kidneys and adrenal glands. Rehmannia appears to combat adrenal suppression caused by steroid hormones and has a tonic effect on the adrenal cortex which is similar to that of licorice. It is believed to support the cells of the adrenal cortex and pituitary during times of prolonged stress.

Pau d’Arco eliminates fungal and viral toxins in the body and purifies the blood. Pau d’arco is often found in cleansing and detoxification remedies and recommended by master herbalists for candida, allergies, herpes, and more. Pau d’arco has anti-inflammatory properties, making it useful in the treatment of inflammatory conditions.

Jing City is an advanced recipe of Chinese kidney tonic herbs developed by Los Angeles’ favorite herbalist, Truth Calkins. The Jing City recipe is the culmination of Truth’s 10+ years of working daily with tonic herbs and preparing tonic herbal elixirs. It is an amazingly smooth and delicious espresso-like drink. Jing City is a powdered formula designed for maximum deep jing replenishment.

Bupleurum and Dragon Bone (contained in Jing City) are potent anti- stress and anti-anxiety herbs that also support sound and peaceful sleep. These two in formulation with each other stabilize shen and calm the emotions. Bupleurum and Dragon Bone are widely used in meditation enhancing herbal formulas. They work to calm the mind without causing drowsiness. They steady the nerves, soothe the heart, and are suited to people of moderate to strong constitution who are dealing with stress and physical tension. Together, they take the edge off of tension-related nervousness and anxiety.

Serves: 2

David Wolfe

More From Restoring Adrenal Health:

Jill Jordan | 1 year, 6 months ago
Hello,
I have just spent a small fortune purchasing the ingredient's for this tea. I want to make it for my kids who live in different cities. How much can I prepare in advance and refrigerate? I bought the base tea. Can I mix up all the ingredient's and save it for..how long? thank you in advance
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 year, 6 months ago
Hello Jill, fresh tea is the best where possible, however, if you wish to refrigerate, you can keep it for one day to make sure you reap the benefits. The quality of the tea decreases if kept for a long time. You may store in the fridge for a week if you feel there is no difference in flavor :)
Debbie Theokli | 2 years, 7 months ago
Hi again, after watching this I noticed the Goji/Shizandra drops. I am intolerant to the deadly nightshade family and I think Goji berries are part of that family. Do you know if I can have these drops?
Debbie Theokli | 2 years, 7 months ago
Hi I have been suffering with extreme stress for years now and am at rock bottom right now. I have so many health problems: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, fibromyalgia, depression, complete adrenal fatigue, liver disease, eczema, systemic candida, hormone imbalance, endometriosis, fibroids, polycystic ovary syndrome, hearing loss and I have had cervical cancer cells/carcinoma earlier in my life. I have also had a strand of my hair tested and it shows I have a high level of mercury in my hair, that could be from hair colour I use or may be in my body. I live in England, UK. Do you know where I can buy the raw ingredients that are shown here? I have used Pau D'Arco and liquorice capsules/tea bags to good effect in the past along with an elimination diet for Candida. I also get improved energy and less debilitating symptoms when I juice frequently using mainly vegetables. I only ever use organic produce. One of the major stresses in my life is also complete (divorce), so I will be able to concentrate and bringing my health back. Any help will be gratefully received. I had to give up work 2 and a half years ago, but I am hoping to be well enough to start work again. Thank you. :-)
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 2 years, 7 months ago
Hi Debbie, so sorry to hear about your suffering. We cannot encourage you enough to find a holistic health practitioner in your local area who will be able to support you and assess your individual needs. You can access our Food Matters Health Practitioner Guide here: http://www.foodmatters.tv/content/practitioner-directory. You should be able to find these ingredients in most health food stores. Alternatively, you can purchase all of David Wolfe's products here: http://www.longevitywarehouse.com/ Hope this helps :)
kelly Farmer | 3 years, 4 months ago
where do i find these ingredients in Canada. some
herbs are hard to come by here
Karelle | FMTV | 3 years, 4 months ago
Hello Kelly, you may check on your local health food store for the availability :) ~ Ivory
Theresa Schippers | 3 years, 5 months ago
Any sources in US west coast area? I live in a small rural community where arugula is an excotic food, so limited in what I can find here.
Raziel | 3 years, 5 months ago
Hi Theresa, you may try checking your local farmers' market for Arugula (rocket). Otherwise, you may use other local greens which are beneficial too such as spinach, kale, or watercress :)
Jill Jordan | 1 year, 6 months ago