FMTV - The Beginning of Life

The Beginning of Life

Runtime: 96m 52s | Release date: 2016

One of the biggest discoveries in neuroscience is: When a person is born, it is not just a genetic load. We are formed by our genetics, combined with our relationship with everything around us. The Beginning of Life investigates what separates us and what is essential to all of us; how we can create a better society by investing in the first years of our children's lives.

The Beginning of Life is a film that shows the importance of the first years in the life of a child. Estela Renner interviews specialists in early childhood development and visits families with highly diverse cultural, ethnic and social backgrounds to show that an environment rich in love and protection during the early years of children’s lives is one of the best investments that can be made for humanity.

Jack Shonkoff
James Heckman
Raffi Cavoukian
Charles A. Nelson III
Alison Gopnik
Andrew Meltzoff
Gisele Bündchen
Vera Iaconelli

You may also like:

cati dragomir | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
hello!for some reason this video does not play for me ! it says to try again in a few min cause this was not suppose to happen but every time i try again the same thing happens! I am from Romania does it have to do with the location ? thank you very much in advance
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello Cati, we are sorry for this inconvenience. This issue has now been resolved. Kindly refresh your browser as this works fine now :)
Ricardo Afonso | 10 months, 1 week ago
Great movie, but to say guy couples can look after the physical & emotional needs of a child .. as well as a "normal" couple .. is a long shot. No one really knows the long term effects on such thing. Not saying they can't, just saying boldly that it doesn't matter .. is dishonest.
Melita Kidd | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Studies have been done, it's not just a random statement.
Carolyn Rae searle | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
This movie moved me deeply, I wish I could have watched it when I was younger and having my own family, not that I think my child missed out but I would have benefited in the support of such insights and education this offers and shown it to others at that time too. It touches on so many aspects missing in modern lifestyles particularly western cultures. I shall certainly recommend it. A huge thank you to all involved in it's production.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
It is our great pleasure to be able to share this life-changing film with the world, Carolyn and so pleased to know you loved the film and learned a lot from it. Thank you so much for watching and for your interest in helping spread the message! ♥ All the best to you and your family! ~ Iris
Leeanne Hibbert | 10 months, 3 weeks ago
What a wonderful enlightening documentary. Unfortunately in Western society we have lost much of what they are talking about...the community. I wish more people watched these types of documentaries to give them insight...
Ivory David | FMTV | 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Leeanne. This is really enlightening to watch ~ Ivory :)
Didier Fernandes | 11 months ago
very well done and beautiful , made me reflect a lot about comunity and supporting each other, and to give love to create a btter future, thank you
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 11 months ago
Wonderful to hear that from you, Didier! Glad to know you loved this film :) ~ Iris