FMTV - Slow Cooked Beef Curry

Slow Cooked Beef Curry

Series: Food Matters Main Meal Recipes | Episode: 10 | Runtime: 3m 12s | Release date: 2015

This segment features: James Colquhoun.

A full-flavored curry that’s the ultimate comfort food. Make in bulk and store portions in the freezer for those nights when you need a quick, nourishing meal!Best served with cauliflower mash, quinoa or rice.

Serves: 4-5

Why it’s so good for you:

Slow cooking is a way to enjoy great-tasting meals with a minimum amount of effort. This budget-friendly cooking method takes tougher cuts of meat and turns them into hearty, flavoursome meals. The moist cooking method also ensures tender, juicy results every time!

James Colquhoun

More From Food Matters Main Meal Recipes:

Karen Galway | 5 months ago
I have made this delicious curry. Thank you for the recipe. I noticed some comments of disappointment that you include meat recipes however I say thankyou. For some people looking for a place to start to source healthy fresh meals it is daunting, and for some maybe a little offputting, to go to a website that is only plant based. Is it not better to introduce some meat recipes with real fresh ingredients and then allow a person to explore if plant based is for them? Health is not just about whether you eat meat or not. It beats processed foods.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 4 months, 4 weeks ago
You're very much welcome Karen! So glad to hear you loved this recipe and thanks so much for your input! ❤ ~ Iris
Velma Garnes | 1 year, 6 months ago
Looks SO GOOD! I can't wait to try it. The recipes and nutrition is one of the best things about this channel. SO GOOD!
Ivory David | FMTV | 1 year, 6 months ago
We are glad you loved the recipe Velma, we are more than happy to share this goodness with you :) ~ Ivory
Lene Banke Fornalski | 1 year, 6 months ago
I am shocked to see that there are so many meat recipes. I thought that this was all Vegan/Vegetarian and plant based foods only. Because I am an animal activist it saddens me greatly to see meat dishes.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 6 months ago
Hi Lene! Thank you for writing in and sharing how you feel. We are all about individuality, making your diet unique and personalized based on how and feel about certain diet. If you only want to try vegan recipes, please use the filter option and select Vegan under Diet. We hope you continue other recipes. Yours in wellness, Jasmin
Patsy J | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
I agree Lene, I have alway thought that FM was only plant based and nothing to do with meat eating. Send they have so many documentaries on how horrible animals are treated before death, and the health problems you get from consuming animal products, its shocking to see a meat recipe here on this site.
Aimee Bland | 3 years, 3 months ago
LOVE this recipe & so easy in the crockpot!!!!
Fiona Fenner | 3 years, 6 months ago
I made this dish today for the first time. SO good, but I did alter it a bit. I added quite a few vegies - sweet potato, parsnip, turnip and pumpkin. I had some mushrooms to use up, so stuck these in well. Combined with the cauliflower mash, plus a piece of a vegan seed bread that I like to make, this made a very delicious and satisfying meal for a cool autumn evening. As well as adding flavours, the vegetables helped to thicken up the sauce after I gave them a bit of a mash. I will definitely be making this dish again!
Susan Hanley | 3 years, 6 months ago
Yes, I joined the site because I thought it was a plant-based sie; apparently Rick Taddeo (above) also got yhe same impression. Hmmmm