FMTV - Magnesium Boosting Smoothie

Magnesium Boosting Smoothie

Series: Pre & Post Workout Snacks | Episode: 4 | Runtime: 01m 27s | Release date: 2017

This segment features: Rachel Morrow.

Consuming the right foods after a workout is just as important as fueling yourself for a workout. This smoothie contains all the elements to help your muscles recover post workout.

Why It's Good For You:

The key ingredient in this smoothie is in the title. Magnesium is a naturally occurring mineral found our food which is hailed for its ability to help us relax, repair muscles, balance electrolytes and reduce fatigue. Almonds, spinach, pumpkin seeds and tahini are all loaded with this super mineral. In addition to the magnesium, the body also craves quality carbohydrates and proteins after a workout. This is where the banana and almond milk come in. To give this smoothie an extra boost, we’ve included cacao, which is a type of antioxidant that also acts as an anti-inflammatory.

Rachel Morrow

More From Pre & Post Workout Snacks:

Simon Cooper | 2 months, 1 week ago
I need a new blender any recommendations please
Ivory David | FMTV | 2 months, 1 week ago
You might find this https://www.foodmatters.com/blender-buying-guide helpful Simon ~ Ivory :)
Rosemary DeTrolio | 11 months, 1 week ago
Question: I've heard that raw spinach and raw kale turn off the thyroid. Since I'm borderline thyroid, I'm not sure if it's good for me.
Second question: I've been off wheat and gluten. What are your thoughts about wheat grass drinks? I've heard mixed reviews.
Viviane Dierckx | 8 months, 4 weeks ago
I read it also about the raw kale, but not about raw spinach ... Can someone from FMTV answer this question please?
My daughter has also problems with her thyriod and she's using raw spinach in her green smoothies daily. I'm also wondering about the wheat grass drinks. Thank you for your question Rosemary.
Karen Smart | 11 months, 1 week ago
I actually liked the speed of this video. All you have to do is pause it on the ingredient list. Thanks FMTV!
jane Simmonds | 1 year, 1 month ago
May I ask what 'gadget' is favoured by the Team to make smoothies?
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 year, 1 month ago
jane Simmonds | 1 year, 1 month ago
Thank you.
Lynn Lawrence | 1 year, 3 months ago
Paula it worked charging brower. I lost you so thank you!
Karelle | FMTV | 1 year, 3 months ago
Hello Lynn. Glad to hear that this has already been resolved. If you encounter the same problem in the future, I would also suggest setting the resolution to the lowest resolution as this often resolves playback issues. You can do that by clicking on the gear icon in the video player and choose the lowest resolution :) ~ Karelle