On Behalf of Our Breasts: The Dark Side of Screening

Runtime: 52m 34s | Release date: 2016

Breast cancer kills. But are blanket programs that screen all women, rather than those with symptoms, doing more harm than good? Controversially, studies into the effects of these programs show they do not reduce the risk of dying from breast cancer. Healthy women are receiving unnecessary diagnoses of pre-cancerous conditions that are unlikely to develop and many are harmed by unnecessary treatment. We follow four women from around the world who are facing the fear of cancer.

Dr. Philippe Autier
Dr. Gilbert Welch
Dr. Bernard Duperray
Dr. Peter Gøtzsche
Prof Jean-Luc Harousseau
Dr. Daniel Rea

You may also like:

Clodagh Cahill | 2 months, 1 week ago
I found this very interesting. I know there are always two sides to every story but the fact that you hear very little from this side concerns me and I am glad it has given me something to consider. I will certainly do more research before making another appointment.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 2 months, 1 week ago
This film gives women information and options to take their health back into their own hands.Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Clodagh! ~ Jasmin
Ginny Massey | 5 months ago
Thank you for this film. I am 46 and just got the call today to go for my first mammogram. After watching this and a number of other documentaries I know it won't be part of my life...
Diane Bell | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
sadly, these women are not informed that breast cancer, as with any other cancer, can be treated by a change in eating habits to a whole food plant based diet...eliminating all processed foods. it has been proven that cancer feeds on sugar and that animal products increase the rate of cancer. check out The China Study by T Colin Campbell PHD. also check out Dr Caldwell Esselstyn, who has reversed heart disease in his patients through a whole foods plant based diet.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Diane! We also believe that maintaining a healthy lifestyle and eating healthy is key in preventing many chronic diseases. Thank you for sharing this with us. ~Jasmin :)
Kim Perry None | 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for this film. I have had 2nd thoughts about having these screenings in the past and I once went 4-5 yrs without having it done & was told I needed to go back which I did twice. But in the process I don't feel that I should be worried about NOT having it done. This film puts me completely at ease with my recent decision to NOT have them any more. I have felt the same way as the one woman who sails. If I find a lump, then yes, I'll go in but otherwise NO.
Ivory David | FMTV | 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing this with us Kim, we are glad that you took control of your health and in a way felt that you made the right decision.All the best in your wellness journey and we are grateful for your time in watching this amazing FMTV content :) ~ Ivory
lani Sloss | 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Quite a thought provoking film!
Melissa Galligan | 6 months, 3 weeks ago
It is so disillusioning to truly know that the Almighty Dollar is what matters to these people who are making decisions about OUR LIVES. That's why this channel matters, and why we should all be advocates of our own health.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Very well said, Melissa! Thank you for your never ending support to FMTV. Much appreciated ❤ ~ Jasmin.