FMTV - On Behalf of Our Breasts: The Dark Side of Screening

On Behalf of Our Breasts: The Dark Side of Screening

Runtime: 52m 34s | Release date: 2016

Breast cancer kills. But are blanket programs that screen all women, rather than those with symptoms, doing more harm than good? Controversially, studies into the effects of these programs show they do not reduce the risk of dying from breast cancer. Healthy women are receiving unnecessary diagnoses of pre-cancerous conditions that are unlikely to develop and many are harmed by unnecessary treatment. We follow four women from around the world who are facing the fear of cancer.

Dr. Philippe Autier
Dr. Gilbert Welch
Dr. Bernard Duperray
Dr. Peter Gøtzsche
Prof Jean-Luc Harousseau
Dr. Daniel Rea

You may also like:

kristy perkins | 1 month ago
I have had 2 mammograms in my life... both before I started educating myself. Never will I have another one, Dental x-rays is another ridiculous practice... dentists want to do a full upper and lower set every year. I told my dentist they may x-ray a tooth if I am having pain in that tooth...otherwise, I will not allow them. EVER. I break a bone...then x-ray it if you need to...otherwise please NO RADIATION. We all know it's not safe no matter what they say to the contrary...
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 1 month ago
Thank you for sharing your story and feedback Kristy. It is greatly appreciated :) ~ Joyce
karen bedard | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Men get breast cancer too. I just turned 50 and i received two letters to set up a mammogram appointment and two calls from my doctor, who never calls and is never reachable when i have an issue, to go get a mammogram and offered to set the appointment up for me. My husband is 52 and has never received a letter and no call from the doctor(the same doctor that i have). Educating yourself, checking yourself, living a healthy life style and following your gut intuition is the route i am taking but it is a personal decision. Wish everyone well:)
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Indeed, education is the key! Thank you for stopping by to comment and for sharing, Karen! ❤️ ~ Iris
Kimberly Bushart | 7 months, 4 weeks ago
After 5 biopsies over a couple of year period, they finally found "cancer". This was 9 years ago and honestly I feel like a fraud when someone mentions me being a cancer survivor. My diagnosis was DCIS and over the years I've learned this is "pre-cancerous". But, at the time I was scared and followed right along with the suggestion of a double mastectomy. Can't turn back the hands of time, but I do now tell my nieces to not overreact to breast issues. So happy this film shows the other side. It is frustrating, but I think it's all about following the money.
Ivory David | FMTV | 7 months, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us Kimberly, it must be hard. We wish you wellness and best of health ~ Ivory :)
Jennifer Francis | 8 months, 1 week ago
After several conflicting diagnosis, I decided not to do any more mammograms. I still practice self exam and would ask for thermography, if i sense anything is wrong. My body is too precious to leave up to people who do not have my best interest. Thanks FMTV. Your resources have helped me to search for what works for me.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 8 months, 1 week ago
That's just truly awesome, Jennifer! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Here’s to you—steadier, stronger and better every day. ~ Jasmin
Mary Stephanie | 8 months, 2 weeks ago
Also it would have been good to have women doctors commenting and being involved in this video. Just sayin’.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 8 months, 2 weeks ago