FMTV - On Behalf of Our Breasts: The Dark Side of Screening

On Behalf of Our Breasts: The Dark Side of Screening

Runtime: 52m 34s | Release date: 2016

Breast cancer kills. But are blanket programs that screen all women, rather than those with symptoms, doing more harm than good? Controversially, studies into the effects of these programs show they do not reduce the risk of dying from breast cancer. Healthy women are receiving unnecessary diagnoses of pre-cancerous conditions that are unlikely to develop and many are harmed by unnecessary treatment. We follow four women from around the world who are facing the fear of cancer.

Dr. Philippe Autier
Dr. Gilbert Welch
Dr. Bernard Duperray
Dr. Peter Gøtzsche
Prof Jean-Luc Harousseau
Dr. Daniel Rea

You may also like:

Jennifer Francis | 1 week, 1 day ago
After several conflicting diagnosis, I decided not to do any more mammograms. I still practice self exam and would ask for thermography, if i sense anything is wrong. My body is too precious to leave up to people who do not have my best interest. Thanks FMTV. Your resources have helped me to search for what works for me.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 week ago
That's just truly awesome, Jennifer! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Here’s to you—steadier, stronger and better every day. ~ Jasmin
Mary Stephanie | 2 weeks ago
Also it would have been good to have women doctors commenting and being involved in this video. Just sayin’.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 2 weeks ago
Appreciate your feedback, Mary :) ~ Pauline
Mary Stephanie | 2 weeks ago
I had flashbacks watching this! Having had a number of false positives, a biopsy and a procedure through a nipple, over the years, I finally gave up. I’ve also known many women who have had similar experiences along with the terror and fear of the wait. I am not at high risk; it does not run in my family. It’s my decision and I am okay with that. In the United States, it’s advised to start at age 40. Also the technician also cannot advise or tell the patient about any possible cancer or treatment.
Clodagh Cahill | 1 year, 4 months ago
I found this very interesting. I know there are always two sides to every story but the fact that you hear very little from this side concerns me and I am glad it has given me something to consider. I will certainly do more research before making another appointment.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 4 months ago
This film gives women information and options to take their health back into their own hands.Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Clodagh! ~ Jasmin
Ginny Massey | 1 year, 7 months ago
Thank you for this film. I am 46 and just got the call today to go for my first mammogram. After watching this and a number of other documentaries I know it won't be part of my life...
Diane Bell | 1 year, 8 months ago
sadly, these women are not informed that breast cancer, as with any other cancer, can be treated by a change in eating habits to a whole food plant based diet...eliminating all processed foods. it has been proven that cancer feeds on sugar and that animal products increase the rate of cancer. check out The China Study by T Colin Campbell PHD. also check out Dr Caldwell Esselstyn, who has reversed heart disease in his patients through a whole foods plant based diet.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 8 months ago
Hi Diane! We also believe that maintaining a healthy lifestyle and eating healthy is key in preventing many chronic diseases. Thank you for sharing this with us. ~Jasmin :)