FMTV - Chia Seed Pudding

Chia Seed Pudding

Series: Pre & Post Workout Snacks | Episode: 2 | Runtime: 01m 25s | Release date: 2017

This segment features: Rachel Morrow.

Can’t train on an empty stomach? This breakfast provides the body with quality proteins and fats, which are great for endurance. Plus you can make it the night before.

Why It's Good For You:

This breakfast is loaded with good fats and proteins, found in the chia seeds, coconut milk and seed toppers. Combining these two powerhouse nutrients equals maximum fuel for endurance for your workout. It is important to fill your tank up before you exercise to ensure your body has enough energy to maintain consistent output during the workout. Studies have shown that eating before a training session burns just as much fat than fasting, and it lessens the likelihood of burning protein (muscle mass) which you want to keep. Plus, you can prepare this pudding the night before for a no-fuss, no-thinking breakfast that's perfect for an early morning workout.

Rachel Morrow

More From Pre & Post Workout Snacks:

Ivica Mucic | 8 months, 3 weeks ago
it goes against food combination
Marion | 1 year, 4 months ago
I made this last night for my breakfast and substituted vanilla almond milk for the coconut meil and used agave for the sweetener. It was absolutely delicious! I added blueberries and stirred them in too! Will be repeating this for tomorrow morning!
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 year, 4 months ago
Glad you enjoyed it, Marion! You may add any fruit you love! :)
Linda | 1 year, 4 months ago
If I don't have fresh coconut milk, which alternative is better - a can of organic coconut milk, or a carton from the refrigerator section? Or is there a better solution rather than a coconut?
Marion | 1 year, 4 months ago
Any nut milk would work. I used almond milk because I just used all of my coconut milk in another dish
Iris Rivas-Nieves | 1 year, 7 months ago
I made the chia pudding last night and was not happy with it. I don't know where I went wrong. I followed the instructions as stated in the video. This morning I got a big clump of chia seeds at the bottom of the jar and the milk and everything else at the top. I shook the jar but the chia seeds was not going to budge. I took a spoon and tried to break down the chia clumps and some it mixed with the milk but the rest remained as a clump.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 year, 7 months ago
Hello Iris, sorry to know that. You may have not mixed it well. Please try again :)
Jodi Griffin | 10 months, 4 weeks ago
I throw it in bullet or ninja for a few seconds then into fridge, I also add cocao powder, delish!
Georgina Crickmere | 1 year, 9 months ago
Which type of coconut milk is recommended? Tinned or carton? As both have a different consistency? Thanks!
Karelle | FMTV | 1 year, 9 months ago
Hello Georgina. We recommend a fresh coconut milk from a shredded coconut flesh. Enjoy! ~ Karelle