FMTV - More Than My Brain

More Than My Brain

Runtime: 57m 27s | Release date: 2018

The human brain performs astonishing feats. Neuroscientists attempt to understand how the brain works and find themselves confronted with the most fundamental questions about humanity: how is our personality connected to the structure of our brain? Could computers develop consciousness? Can the "I" be found in the brain? Do human beings have free will? Is consciousness possible without a brain? Are the experiences of God or transcendence merely an illusion of the neuron? This documentary takes you on an interdisciplinary journey with neuroscientists, philosophers, theologians, all asking these great questions, and points to where science exceeds its limit to become a world view.

Prof. Dr. Petra Schumacher
Prof. Dr. Thomas Fuchs
Prof. Dr. Volker Sturm

You may also like:

Patrícia Gomes | 1 week, 2 days ago
Hello. I’m ok with the change as long as we don’t miss out content of FMTV. Unfortunately it’s not allowing me to enter with the same credentials as you say. Please help me out.
Ivory David | FMTV | 1 week, 1 day ago
Hello Patrícia, we are sorry for the trouble. I encourage you to email info@gaia.com for assistance ~ Ivory@FMTV
s mitchell | 2 weeks ago
i reall wish you wouldnt putt horrific 2 or 3 tone very loud background musak on your films its agony to watch we arent all going deaf
Eleanor Carson | 2 weeks, 3 days ago
I enjoyed hearing the perspectives of people speaking German, French, and other languages, because their world views could be different from my English-speaking mind. On the other hand, the narrator`s ultra-deep, almost mechanical voice really detracted from an interesting film. I didn`t agree with everything, but was interested in hearing more about alternative viewpoints. The best part of the film occurred before around the 50 minute mark, in my opinion.
Ivory David | FMTV | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Thank you for the feedback Eleanor and we are sorry that there are some parts that distracted you. It's wonderful that you are open to learning even when using other languages ~ Ivory@FMTV :)
Benjamin van de Sande | 4 weeks ago
thought provoking information, not very well presented. There were a couple moments i wanted to stop watching it was so blah blah blah, but the points they brought up and their means of describing relatively esoteric concepts kept me interested until the end. worth watching, just challenging to do so.
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 3 weeks, 6 days ago
We greatly appreciate your feedback Benjamin :) ~ Joyce@FMTV
Jacqueline Callahan | 2 months, 3 weeks ago
The narration is quite poor in this. It sounds almost robotic. Poor quality. Far below FMTV standards
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Jacqueline, thanks for taking the time to share how you feel. We have considered this video carefully, as we do all our content and feel strongly that there are people within the FMTV community who will find the messages within useful. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy our other films :) ~ Jasmin@FMTV ❤
glads o | 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Interesting material that was unfortunately presented way to slow and detached