FMTV - Module 8 - Andrew Saul

Module 8 - Andrew Saul

Series: Food Matters Mastery | Episode: 8 | Runtime: 7m 22s | Release date: 2010

This segment features: Andrew Saul.

In this video you'll discover:

• Primary causes of diabetes and obesity
  • How to prevent and reverse type 2 diabetes naturally
  • The usefulness of chromium and the B vitamins for regulating blood sugar levels
  • How you can use Vitamin C to help regulate blood sugar and mood
  • How dairy products can be an influencing factor in type 1 diabetes
  • The importance of fermented foods (yoghurt, cheese, etc…)
  • How taking Vitamin E can help with circulation and even in potentially preventing amputations in diabetic patients

Dr Andrew Saul

More From Food Matters Mastery:

Nannette Walker | 3 years, 7 months ago
Hello, I have Type 2 diabetes & I am so very happy to have purchased the Total Wellness Summit, where now I feel I have a new lease on life. Thank you Dr. Andrew Saul & all who will now be a part of my life & my families lives to "better living" whole living, one step at a time.
Kathy | 5 years ago
I have T2 diabetes which is now under control by eating a low carb, high fat diet. I no longer need any diabetic meds! Overall, my health has improved dramatically and my weight is the lowest it's been in 25 years. The only issue that remains to be addressed is moderately high blood pressure. I am trying Dr. Saul's advice of increasing vitamins, as outlined on his website. Thank you for making this information available.
Jack Yeatts | 5 years ago
Thank you for the info on Diabetes.
JENNIFER DEKEIZER | 5 years, 4 months ago
My whole life I've been told that diabetes runs in the family, both sides. My grandfather on my dad's lost both of his legs due to the disease. My father now has been diagnosed in his 60's and is very diligent with his diet. I have two aunts and an uncle on my mom's side of the family that have diabetes. One aunt keeps losing one limb at a time. After 10 years in the military (First Army then Marine Corps) I worked two very stressful jobs for two different parts of the government while finishing two degrees in 3.1 years. I instantly gained 40 lbs since I was not running anymore plus my diet was more deplorable then ever. I was diagnosed with PCOS and later while almost collapsing in my garden one evening...I realized my blood sugar was not right. I started testing myself and found out I was hypoglycemic (pre-cursor to diabetes) So, I started experimenting with my diet to control the sugar issues. I woke up one morning on the couch at 2 am to find the Gerson Therapy was on my TV from Netflix (I must of rolled over on the remote and somehow managed to click it). I watched it in complete awe. I decided to watch Food Matters right after that. I started a regimen of Chromium, Vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, vitamin e, and niacin. (I used the Niacin to replace an antidepressant I was taking for cystitis that I had 5 surgeries on). Not only has my blood sugar leveled out to the point I no longer need to check it daily, my cystitis symptoms have decreased to the point that I don't need to beg the VA to send me a $1500 bottle of Elmiron twice a year for my bladder. I wish I was diligent in listening to my grandma about vitamins, I may have never went through a total of nine surgeries for multiple organ issues if I had!
Team member | FMTV | 5 years, 4 months ago
Hi Jennifer, thank you for sharing your story and we wish you wellness. You might want to check the film Simply Raw and many other films. We also suggest you check with a healthcare practitioner. You may check our guide here: http://foodmatters.tv/content/practitioner-directory :) ~ Pauline
Joe McCord | 5 years, 5 months ago
Have some friends at work that have type two diabetes that I want to share this info with. I truly believe they can reduce or eliminate their insulin dependence.
Joe Mc
Team member | FMTV | 5 years, 5 months ago
Thanks Joe. Another great film for Diabetes would be Simply Raw. Here is the link to the film: http://www.fmtv.com/watch/simply-raw. Enjoy! :-) ~ Iris
Marilyn Williams | 5 years, 6 months ago
I'm Type 2. Good to know about Vitamins C, E, & B complex. I take Chromate by Iceland Health (I can only find it at Wal+++t) , which has 2 kinds of Chromium. It works better than only one type of chromium alone. I've found Cinnamon Bark (oil) capsules by Gaia to be tremendous in lowering my blood glucose after consuming something that raised my glucose level. I also do portion control and a LOT of walking 3-4 times a week. X-nay ANYTHING with artificial sweeteners. I carry liquid stevia drops for iced tea.
Lisa None | 5 years, 7 months ago
I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 40 years old. It took my doctor 5 months to diagnose me. My younger sister works in medical records and she diagnosed me. I have since changed doctors several times. I have also never been told to take vitamins. I have been eating very clean for 3 weeks now. I keep having lows so I am thinking with the clean eating I don't need as much insulin. I will also try the vitamin b and e. Thank you!

Lisa
DeAnn Johson | 5 years, 7 months ago
wow..going to check out his website and do some research of my own. Never has a doctor ever mention taking vitamin E for circulation or any of the other vitamins mention . I've had type 1 diabetes for 23 years.
Team member | FMTV | 5 years, 7 months ago
Hi DeAnn, I have here some great articles on Diabetes that you might also find useful: http://www.foodmatters.tv/articles-1/diabetes-can-be-reversed-through-major-diet-and-lifestyle-changes, http://www.hungryforchange.tv/article/easy-tips-for-healthy-blood-sugar-levels, http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/top-5-diabetes-super-foods, http://www.naturalnews.com/031320_type_1_diabetes_lifestyle.html and http://www.naturalnews.com/042441_type_1_diabetes_raw_food_diet_natural_treatment.html. And in case you haven't watched it yet, I also would like to recommend this film featured here on FMTV entitled Simply Raw, which is about reversing diabetes in 30 days and featuring participants with type 1 and 2 diabetes. Here is the link to the film: http://www.fmtv.com/watch/simply-raw. Hope this helps you out :-) ~ Iris
Nathalie Rousselot | 5 years, 7 months ago
wow...with this food matters mastery i will be able to help all of my friends and family...just hope they listen and at least try...thank you so much