FMTV - Small Bites

Small Bites

Series: Mindful Eating Meditations | Episode: 1 | Runtime: 18m 56s | Release date: 2018

This segment features: Meditation Studio.

In the midst of overwhelm, we run to food for comfort and when we are stressed.  Many times, it can be food that is not so good for us, but if we can tap into what we are really hungry for, what we truly desire, we will come to realise it isn’t the food.

If we practice eating mindfully, we can come more present with this awareness. We can decrease mindless eating that is more about suppressed feelings and emotions.

For this meditation, you will need a small piece fo food (nuts or a cut apple), something you enjoy eating.

This meditation is from the Meditation Studio App Mindful Eating Collection. These were designed to help us slow down as we prepare and eat our meals and to help us explore our relationship with our food and our bodies. Our experts use breath, body and visualization styles.

Pamela Stokes Eggleston

More From Mindful Eating Meditations:

jospehine kearns | 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Gosh i can see so often i 'rush to the food' when im feeling overwhelmed or upset, and I also eat mindlessly- not examining what is it im really needing? Thank you for these series of meditations which are helping me examine just that. What emotions are underlying? Thank you. :-)
Ivory David | FMTV | 4 weeks, 1 day ago
You're most welcome Josephine, it's nice to know that this series helped in your quest in finding answers to what you experienced. You might also find this https://www.foodmatters.com/article/emotional-eating-are-you-feeding-your-feelings interesting ~ Ivory :)
Kathy Peterman | 1 month, 1 week ago
Thanks for these mindful eating meditations. I just got the book Mindful Eating On the Go and this is a fine compliment to what I'm learning there. At first this meditation felt slow, but mindfulness is slowing down to pay deep attention. I caught myself putting in bite 3 before she said to...part of auto-pilot behavior I think. Glad to slow down and be more mindful. I look forward to the other meditations in this mindful eating series. Thank you!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month, 1 week ago
You're very much welcome, Kathy! Happy to hear you loved this meditation and thanks so much as well for sharing! ❤ ~ Iris
Vanessa Kama | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
I really enjoyed the balance between relaxation and self work and practice. I’m going to listen to this one daily as practice for mindful eating and meditation/relaxation. I’ve been an addict for a long time and recovery has been very raw emotional and at times extremely frustrating... thus was both a good meditation and practice to ground and return to the moment outside of instant gratification and compulsion
Karelle | FMTV | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for watching, Vanessa! Keep it up! :) ~ Karelle
Gabriela Rezende | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
When I started the video I noticed that the rhythm was slow (perhaps calm) and I didn´t feel in the mood to listen to the rest. But, I wonder if I listen agian, when I´m calmer, if it would be worth to journal about whatever comes to my mind hearing the message. I do want to try it, some other time. If anyone else used it as a meditation or any other way, I´d be curious to hear about the experience.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month, 1 week ago
That is a great idea, Gabriela! Writing about your thoughts and feelings can be just as therapeutic as meditation itself! Our experts use breath, body and visualization styles, so it would fit perfectly! ❤ All the best! ~ Iris