FMTV - Fruity Coconut Yogurt

Fruity Coconut Yogurt

Series: Kultured Kitchen with Kirsty Wirth | Episode: 2 | Runtime: 09m 58s | Release date: 2017

This is the classic Kultured Wellness yogurt, made with a handful of your favorite fruit and some cinnamon and vanilla or your favorite flavors.

Makes: 1.6L per batch, standard serve half cup (125ml), 12 standard serves per batch

Why It's Good For You:

The fermentation process eats up the sugar in the fruit while retaining the vitamins and enzymes that make the fruit more nutritious. The coconut cream itself is a fantastic, sustainable source of fuel for the body while also being anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic, to boot.

Kirsty Wirth

More From Kultured Kitchen with Kirsty Wirth:

Khara Ashburne | 1 month ago
Ok..I'm thinking "bench" is Australian English for countertop??
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month ago
Yes, you are right, Khara! ;-) ~ Iris
Bev Fraser | 7 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi I want to print this recipe but I get the following message:

This website has been blocked from automatically printing.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 7 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello Bev, I am sorry to know that. The print function works fine. Kindly try refreshing your browser or use Google Chrome and try again. If this doesn't help, I suggest you copy the recipe to word and print from there :) ~ Pauline
cathy hewick None | 1 year, 1 month ago
hi still not clear about making unsweetened plain yogurt. Do I omit the fruit and just use the starter and the coconut cream?
Aneta Pyke | 1 year, 1 month ago
Hello Cathy, yes, you just skip the fruit and spices step, and pop in your culture and blend together. Done, plain yoghurt. It's tasty as.
Diane Brodeur | 1 year, 1 month ago
Thank you so much ,love your videos , what exactly do you mean by leaving it on the bench?
Aneta Pyke | 1 year, 1 month ago
Hello Diane, I leave mine either on the bench top in my kitchen away from the window and stove top (so the yoghurt doesn't heat up) or I have a cabinet next to the kitchen, I pop my 3 litre jar (that has the mixture inside) on top of that cabinet for the 12-24 hours. Hope that helps.
Khara Ashburne | 1 month ago
I was so confused about that too! Still don't fully understand her response about the bench but do see the cabinet suggestion. Going to go with that.
Rose Williams | 1 year, 2 months ago
I was wondering if the culture will react with the metal blades of the mixer