FMTV - Fruity Coconut Yogurt

Fruity Coconut Yogurt

Series: Kultured Kitchen with Kirsty Wirth | Episode: 2 | Runtime: 09m 58s | Release date: 2017

This is the classic Kultured Wellness yogurt, made with a handful of your favorite fruit and some cinnamon and vanilla or your favorite flavors.

Makes: 1.6L per batch, standard serve half cup (125ml), 12 standard serves per batch

Why It's Good For You:

The fermentation process eats up the sugar in the fruit while retaining the vitamins and enzymes that make the fruit more nutritious. The coconut cream itself is a fantastic, sustainable source of fuel for the body while also being anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic, to boot.

Kirsty Wirth

More From Kultured Kitchen with Kirsty Wirth:

Cathie Martyn | 8 months ago
Can I ask if there is an alternative to the coconut cream/milk... ok now and again for me, but coconut flavour not too thrilled about on a regular basis. Thanks ūüėć
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 7 months, 4 weeks ago
Hi Cathie, you can try using almond milk, though we haven't really tested this yet. We'd love to hear how you go! ūüėä ~ Iris@FMTV
Heather Ellis | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
HI I"m confused about what type of grains I should buy for making coconut yogurt. It seems my choices are Milk Keffir grains or Water Keffir grains. I am thinking that it is not Milk Keffir as it should be dairy free?
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Heather! You may check out this recipe on how you can make your water kefir. You'll just need 1 cup kefir starter culture and coconut water to start making your own. Hope this helps! https://www.fmtv.com/watch/kultured-kitchen-coconut-water-kefir. ~ Jasmin
Khara Ashburne | 1 year, 1 month ago
Ok..I'm thinking "bench" is Australian English for countertop??
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 year, 1 month ago
Yes, you are right, Khara! ;-) ~ Iris
Bev Fraser | 1 year, 8 months ago
Hi I want to print this recipe but I get the following message:

This website has been blocked from automatically printing.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 year, 8 months ago
Hello Bev, I am sorry to know that. The print function works fine. Kindly try refreshing your browser or use Google Chrome and try again. If this doesn't help, I suggest you copy the recipe to word and print from there :) ~ Pauline
cathy hewick None | 2 years, 2 months ago
hi still not clear about making unsweetened plain yogurt. Do I omit the fruit and just use the starter and the coconut cream?
Aneta Pyke | 2 years, 2 months ago
Hello Cathy, yes, you just skip the fruit and spices step, and pop in your culture and blend together. Done, plain yoghurt. It's tasty as.