FMTV - Berry Smoothie Bowl

Berry Smoothie Bowl

Series: Kids in the Kitchen | Episode: 4 | Runtime: 06m 15s | Release date: 2019

Hugo & Rangi love going to the local Acai Bowl shop for a smoothie bowl after swimming in the ocean or going for a surf.

The Acai berry is what gives the frozen smoothie bowl it’s deep purple color and sweet bitter flavor. Though it’s not always easy to buy and source, Laurentine and the boys like to DIY their own acai bowls at home using frozen berries.

This recipe is all up to personal preference, Rangi & Hugo like the consistency of the blend to be thicker like ice-cream but you can decide for yourself by adding in more of your plant-based milk of choice into the blender to change the consistency.

Today the trio added fresh mango, papaya, and dehydrated buckwheat on top but you can add whatever you like; kiwi fruit, goji berries, cacao nibs, nuts, seeds, or banana.

Laurentine ten Bosch

More From Kids in the Kitchen:

Stephanie | 2 months ago
These kids in the kitchen clips are wonderful!!! My 4 year old daughter is LOVING the kid yoga videos and I know she is going to love these as well! I can't wait to show her and make the recipes! A new FMTV Kids channel on the way perhaps? =) Hugo stealing little bites to eat was cracking me up and Rangi said it best, Eat Healthy! Great job! :)
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 2 months ago
Thank you so much for your beautiful feedback, Stephanie! Happy to hear your daughter is loving the kid yoga videos and I hope she'd enjoy making these delicious recipes as well! :-) ~ Iris
Anabela Johnson | 2 months, 1 week ago
I am really enjoying these!!! I now know exactly what to serve for dessert this evening. I have a question about the activated buckwheat groats ~ do you make them? And if yes, is there a video tutorial on how to do this? Thnx so much :)
Karelle | FMTV | 2 months, 1 week ago
Hello Anabela. We're so glad you're loving the recipe! You may find this video helpful https://www.fmtv.com/watch/activated-nuts :) ~ Karelle
Cara Lafferty | 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Just made this delicious snack with my 5 year old and she loved it!! Can't wait to share it with the other kiddos when they get home from school. I did have some Acai packets in the freezer (thank you, Trader Joe's!), so I added one to the berries and banana. Topped with chia seeds and grain-free granola since we didn't have buckwheat. Delish!!
Andrea Alicer | FMTV | 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Thanks for sharing, Cara! We're happy to hear your daughter loved it! :) ~ Andrea