FMTV - In Search of The Great Song

In Search of The Great Song

Runtime: 82m 14s | Release date: 2016

From the Australian outback to the San Juan Archipelago, from South India to the Swiss Alps - the question is asked of scientists, artists, and traditional elders: "What is the Great Song for you?" Infused with music from around the world, fifty remarkable responses cross borders of culture, faith, arts, and science, weaving a multi-faceted, timeless tapestry - In Search of the Great Song is a cinematic testament to our common spirit.

Angaangaq Angakkkorsuaq
Morten Lauridsen
David Steindl-Rast
Richard R. Ernst
Amit Goswami
Dana Gioia
Angeles Arrien
Thich Nhat Hanh
Deva Premal
Gary Zukav
David Whyte

You may also like:

Miranda Short | 3 months, 1 week ago
Absolutely beautiful, so many words resonated with me on so many levels & the music was deeply moving. Thank you
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 3 months, 1 week ago
Love hearing this from you, Miranda! ❤ ~ Iris
Ingrid | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
What a beautiful offering. As a singer and composer myself, I now have a deeper understanding of why people, including me, resonate so much with my music. It's not the song. Will most certainly watch this again, for the experience itself and for inspiration. Thank you.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
The pleasure is ours, Ingrid! So glad to hear you were inspired by the film! ❤ ~ Iris
Peneleapaí Aloha | 4 months ago
Aloha!

OOH
WELL WHAT do I spy with my wee eye?

Go raibh maith agat; THANK you for choosing to stock this title. I'd not known of it prior.

Am excited to view this offering!

I worked with an intense and highly unique creative group in Poland YEARS ago, called Song of the Goat Theatre. The director Grzegorz Bral taught us this beautiful and visceral technique of body polyphony.
Yes, it was amazing!

They went on to be recognised in various accolades thru the years, from what I made out..

Imagine my surprise and inspiration when .. a lifetime later.. a production emerged from Grzegorz called, "Return To The Voice" ... involving a pilgrimage to the Isle of Skye, Isle of Lewis, and Isle of Harris (Scotland) .. finding the old singers, the old songs, songs of the land, and of times long bygone...
I mention it only because as soon as I saw the image for "In Search of The Great Song", it totally and absolutely brought "Return to the Voice" up, in my mind and psyche! .. so I mention it also because it might be of interest ?

I would so love to ask my Choir director if it would be suitable for a group viewing (he shared Jordan Peterson's views on Art with us, for 10 mins of last rehearsal!)

And let me tell you right now:
Am only expecting Inspiration and Wonder to emerge from after watching the Great Song .... !!!

Tapadh leat,

Peneleapaí
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 4 months ago
You're very much welcome, Peneleapaí! It is our great pleasure to share this inspiring film with everyone! :) ~ Iris
Carol Carlson | 4 months, 1 week ago
So beautiful - the songs, the pictures, the wide range of musicians and cultures. Namaste.
Ivory David | FMTV | 4 months, 1 week ago
We appreciate your great review on this film Carol, thank you for watching ~ Ivory :)
Summer Blaby | 4 months, 1 week ago
“It’s not the song, it’s how you sing it”
How perfectly described!
Carmelina Zullo | 4 months, 1 week ago
Simply beautiful! Thank you!