FMTV - Nutritional Superstars: Fermented Foods

Nutritional Superstars: Fermented Foods

Series: Healthy Gut Summit | Runtime: 1h 10m | Release date: 2015

In this presentation, you will learn about fermented foods with nutritional superstar Summer Bock.

You will learn

• Fermented foods: which ones are suitable for your health needs
  • Wild and controlled fermentation and how they affect your yeast
  • How to ferment using crocks, jars and air locks

Summer Bock

More From Healthy Gut Summit:

Inga Woljung | 2 years ago
thank you so much for all these informations! but i didnt get it, dairy products are not healthy for me but yogurt and kefir are? and what about cheese? and the age of the cheese, is more fermented cheese better or not good at all? i feel a lot better without dairy products but i love these products, what is the best for my health?
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 12 months ago
Hi Inga! Kefir is a unique cultured dairy product that’s one of the most probiotic-rich foods on the planet, and kefir benefits are incredible for healing issues like leaky gut. Like yogurt, which is made from fermented milk, kefir contains lots of bacteria that aid lactose digestion. Apart from having very high calcium content, cheese is also rich in vitamin-B, which is very good for children, women (particularly when pregnant or lactating) and elderly people, for the formation and strengthening of bones and cartilage. Hope this helps! ~ Jasmin ❤
LUCIA RIVERO | 2 years, 1 month ago
I loved this video, however I would like a course on how to check if your ferment is good. I made mine 6 months ago and dont know if its still good.
Kathleen Donnellon | 2 years, 1 month ago
Kathleen Donnellon | 2 years, 1 month ago
BbeevevvbvfbvveveevvvvevvvvrvvvvE
Toni Selk | 2 years, 1 month ago
Been trying culturing veggies. Do keep notes as you make things so you can repeat successes and avoid those not so successful recipes. Herbs and spices make a HUGE difference! Summer, thanks so much for your encouragement and enthusiasm.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 2 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for the fabulous tip, Toni! Keep them coming! ~ Jasmin ❤
ajess arnold | 2 years, 4 months ago
So happy to hear her early fermenting fears: "scraping off the top layer hoping she doesn't kill anyone with what's underneath" bc I did EXACTLY this! Have had too much uncertainty about if I'm doing it right. :/
stacie beke | 3 years, 2 months ago
super interesting! I have never eaten fermented food, but after listening to this, I am craving it! Just called my local health store and found that they carry all sorts of fermented food!