FMTV - Nut Butter Chocolate Fudge

Nut Butter Chocolate Fudge

Series: Healthy Decadent Desserts | Episode: 9 | Runtime: 02m 06s | Release date: 2017

This segment features: Rachel Morrow.

Next time you’re craving chocolate, try making your own using our favorite chocolate recipe. The combination of healthy fats from the coconut oil and nut butter will leave you feeling satiated while offering your body a whole host of health benefits.

You can mix up your chocolate to include whatever ingredients you have on hand. We love things like goji berries, shredded coconut, nuts, seeds, and chia seeds. The choice is yours!

Why it’s so good for you:

Raw cacao powder has more than 300 phytochemicals and nearly four times the antioxidant power of regular dark chocolate and contains protein, calcium, carotene, thiamine, riboflavin, magnesium and sulfur.

Nut butters are a great way to add more healthy fats, protein, and fiber into your diet which are essential for nerve function, stabilizing blood sugar levels, healthy hormone production and protecting our cells.

Rachel Morrow

More From Healthy Decadent Desserts:

Ann Heitman | 2 months, 2 weeks ago
looks yummy! I am new to FMTV and LOVING IT!! I am definitely going to be making this and just wanted to say THANK YOU for sending this to my email. Your suggestions really help me find some things that , being new, I am not seeing as of yet. Thank you so much for all the resources you offer on FMTV. So excellent!!
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Welcome aboard, Ann. It is always our pleasure. Thank you for sending your feedback :) ~ Joyce
Leila Healing | 1 year, 10 months ago
Hello am going to make this in the next few days and would love to add Chia seeds, should I soak them before adding into the mix, also I am in a low carb no sugar diet for Borderline Insulin resistance, would this be something to have very occasionally, just to give myself a little treat? Thank you team! X
Karelle | FMTV | 1 year, 10 months ago
Hello Leila. Yes, you may soak chia seeds for 30 minutes; and yes, you can definitely give yourself this healthy treat. Moreover, as everyone is so unique, we suggest seeing a holistic health practitioner who will be able to provide advice with consideration to your specific circumstances. You can access our health practitioner directory here: http://www.foodmatters.com/resource/practitioner-directory. :) ~ Karelle
Karelle | FMTV | 1 year, 10 months ago
Leila Healing | 1 year, 10 months ago
Ohh thank you so much Karelle! That's very good news haha looking forward to this little yummy reward 😍
Anna Wright | 1 year, 11 months ago
hi there
I've been trying to educate myself over the past few years about the most up to date healthy eating ideas and advice. I love your recipes but I have a quick question. I've looked into sugar swaps and maple syrup doesn't seem to be agreed upon by everyone... If you have any comments on this I'd love to hear them or be directed to some research about it... As far as I can tell it does seem to affect blood sugar levels similarly to sugar but I'm only going by what I've read online....
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 11 months ago
Hi Anna! As with all sweeteners, maple syrup is best used in moderation. Any sweetening agent that gets overused can overwhelm the liver and get turned in bad fat. Additionally, there have been studies that suggest maple syrup, which has a wide range of physiochemically and informationally active components beyond sucrose alone, should no longer be classified crudely as a sugar, but as a whole food and potential phytomedicine with a complex composition still in need of more in depth exploratory research and analysis. Please check this article for more information: http://www.foodmatters.com/article/research-suggests-maple-syrup-can-kill-cancer-cells. Hope this helps. ~ Jasmin ♥
Mayan Lynch | 1 year, 11 months ago
yummy making this now, thank you