Heal Yourself, Heal The World

Runtime: 86m 53s | Release date: 2013

This film features: Charlotte Gerson, Dr. Andrew Saul, Dr. T. Colin Campbell.

Heal Yourself Heal the World is a new review of the Gerson Therapy, and for this retelling of the story, we created an attention-grabbing script and intertwined the best parts from the other films with new interviews, updated scientific information, modern graphics and even media from Dr. Gerson's time.

Join Howard Straus (author, scientist, son of Charlotte Gerson and grandson of Dr. Max Gerson) for an in-depth examination of the Gerson Therapy,€” how it works, the science behind it, and why it works.

Heal Yourself, Heal the World includes:

• Historical information on Dr. Max Gerson never before presented on film
  • In-depth explanations from scientists, researchers, and nutritional experts on the science behind the Gerson Therapy and why it works
  • Reports from doctors who use the Gerson Therapy to heal their patients
  • Personal stories from Gerson patients who healed themselves of cancer and other diseases using the Gerson Therapy

Charlotte Gerson
Dr. Andrew Saul
Steve Kroschel
Mike Anderson
Raymond Gram Swing
Dr. Carolyn Dean
Jay Kordich
Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr.
Dr. Wilko van der Vegt
Anita Wilson

You may also like:

Helen Bingham | 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Fabulous! A "must watch" for everyone - thank you! :-)
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 4 months, 3 weeks ago
You're welcome, Helen! Lovely to hear that from you :) ~ Iris
Petra Elworthy | 5 months, 4 weeks ago
Another wonderful documentary :-))
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks, Petra! :) ~ Iris
Deb St John | 9 months, 1 week ago
Every human being needs to watch this doco. Dr Gerson surely was a hero.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 9 months, 1 week ago
Thanks for watching and for recommending, Deb! :) ~ Iris
Manuela Hrasky | 1 year, 6 months ago
I have absolutely no problem with the idea that a Gerson-style approach, i.e. a whole food, plant-based diet, is the way for all of us to live, and that such an approach may be our best defence against ever developing cancer or other chronic degenerative diseases of modern life. I am a great fan of T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn Jr, John McDougall, Michael Greger, etc, and theirs is the nutritional approach I espouse. However, I do question the idea that Gerson Therapy ALONE can cure cancer once it is established. As a medical doctor myself, I worry about people refusing conventional treatments for approaches which have NOT been subjected to the rigours of double-blind controlled trials. There is no question in my mind that a whole-food , plant-based diet AIDS recovery with conventional treatments. Indeed, I believe the American Medical Association has said as much. However, I think we need to consider ALL our options when confronted with the horrors of cancer diagnosis. The recent death in Australia of Jessica Ainscough (the "Wellness Warrior") is a case in point. Jessica claimed to have cured her cancer with Gerson Therapy when this was clearly not the case. She lived as long as might have been expected with the natural history of her particular cancer. How much longer might she have survived if she had had BOTH conventional treatment AND a nutritional approach which put her body in the best possible shape to deal with her cancer and its treatment? I am not a fan of Big Pharma (I am a psychiatrist who uses almost no drugs) but, having seen both my father and sister-in-law die of cancers, I do have a respect for the part allopathic medicine can play. It bothers me that in films such as this only the 'true believers" are interviewed. For the Gerson Therapy to have credibility, it must be willing to argue against its critics.
Cheryl Napier | 1 year, 4 months ago
Manuela,
I have seen first hand the horrors of traditional cancer treatments on my family and friends even to this day. I have watched them suffer while undergoing chemotherapy, radiation as well as experimental toxic treatments only to die without any quality of life or dignity.
If you would like to see more arguments on Gerson Therapy there are many books A Time to Heal, 2000 coffee breaks.... Documentaries: Dying to have known, The Beautiful Truth and several others.
Gerson Therapy is not for everyone as is is extremely strict and lots of work and takes up almost all of your time for a while but I have personally witnessed first hand several recoveries. One, a stage 4 lung cancer patient also effecting kidneys and pancreas do Gerson Therapy and made a full recovery. just recently celebrating 4 years survival without any toxic side effects and having good quality of life.
I also got to know Jess (wellness warrior), via emails and chats, and I was shocked to read what was put on her site as well as the "changes" made to Wikipedia. I am sorry that you didn't get the chance to read her blogs and news letters while she was alive. I personally believe that she would have been sickened to read all of these lies. Jess was happy and healthy during her recovery. Excited to share her journey. She had already given allopathic medicine a go. So if she hadn't done Gerson Therapy and died under traditional therapy would it have been a tragedy too?
I am also aware that Gerson is not the only nontoxic treatment out there. I absolutely know that alternative treatments have a much higher rate of survival and there are no side effects.
The only reason every cancer patient doesn't jump on alternative over allopathic is because it is not covered by medical insurance. The greatest tragedy is that most of these treatments use food as medicine and everyone must EAT to survive.
JANET | 8 months ago
i agree with you in terms of studies, however a double-blind trial in terms of cancer therapy is not ethical. i see lots of potential in this therapy as an adjunct, particularly with the surgical removal of tumors plus gerson therapy, but there would have to be a high quality longitudinal study categorizing each patient that has chosen NOT to undergo chemo or radiation as with/without surgical intervention, then further split into type of cancer and stage of disease when beginning the therapy. it would take a very, very long time to gather enough data to make any conclusion though as unfortunately most proponents of the gerson therapy say it's a cure, not "we are surveying patients who have chosen not to do chemo or radiation. if you are interested in the study, please sign up." neutrality is not something i've seen. and i'd really like to see it, because my mother just died of cancer as well and when it pretty much ate her brain, the person she was died long before her body did.
susan richlin | 1 year, 7 months ago
Thank you to the entire Gerson family. I need to share this video with every person i love...