Ginger Lemon Detox Drink

Series: Food Matters Juice Recipes | Episode: 8 | Runtime: 1m 47s | Release date: 2015

This segment features: James Colquhoun.

Start your day fresh or reinvigorate yourself later in the day with this energizing tummy tamer!

Serves: 1

Why it’s so good for you:

There’s a reason why so many of us wake up to a glass of warm lemon water! Lemon juice helps flush out toxins and aids digestion by encouraging the production of bile. It is also a great source of essential nutrients including citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.

Ginger has been used for over 2,000 years to help support digestion and treat stomach upsets, diarrhea, and nausea. The addition of ginger to this drink helps to soothe the stomach, reduce inflammation and provide a gentle pick-me-up!

James Colquhoun

More From Food Matters Juice Recipes:

Patricia Dudding | 2 weeks ago
Same. As Mary I have drank lemon juice and water, now I shall add ginger.
Mary Grant | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Have drank lemon juice and water for a long time although never thought about the ginger aspect so I will now be including this Thanks
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
You're welcome, Mary :) Enjoy! ~ Iris
Andrea Blum | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Someday I want to live where ginger root arrives at my local grocery store so fresh that you can squeeze the juice out of it with your bare hand...at my house, I mix dried ginger and dehydrated lemon juice for a very nice morning tea. Not what FMTV had in mind, but that's what is available here.
Karelle | FMTV | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Fresh is always best! Hope there's a farmer's market in your place that supply fresh gingers, Andrea. You may also try growing them at home (if possible). ~ Karelle
Tom Halbert | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Yesterday I tried blending the ginger in a bit of water and then added to the lemon water. Someone did politely mention they were getting bits of ginger stuck in their teeth. So today, I strained the ginger blend. Much happier result. 😻
Karelle | FMTV | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Glad to hear that, Tom! :) ~ Karelle
Mariona Felipe | 3 months ago
Is it good for you to have the ginger & lemon drink everyday for the rest of my life? Or would you recommend just having it when detoxing or when creating new ways/ habits of eating? Therefore, having breaks from it. Thanks!
Andrea Alicer | FMTV | 3 months ago
Hi, Mariona! You can have it regularly as it aids in weight loss and digestion. ~ Andrea
Michael Scholes | 3 months ago
The ginger shown in the vid seems to be waaaay more than half an an inch's worth. I take it James is somewhat fond of ginger? :)