FMTV - Step 2. Malabsorption & Gut Bacteria

Step 2. Malabsorption & Gut Bacteria

Series: Free Yourself From Anxiety, Depression and ADHD Interview With Jodi Chapman | Episode: 3 | Runtime: 15m 5s | Release date: 2016

This segment features: James Colquhoun, Jodi Chapman.

In this interview, Jodi Chapman explores the relationship between gut health and mental distress. Jodi explains the scientific process of brain chemical synthesis in the gut and how our gut bacteria initiates the formation of proteins which make our mood hormones, dopamine, and serotonin. Along with the biochemical process of mood hormone creation, Jodi discusses the importance of certain strains of gut bacteria which we need to have present and how we can recolonize them in our digestive system. You will also learn about the benefits of fermented foods, how you can identify if your gut bacteria is out of whack and what you should be asking your health practitioner.

Jodi Chapman
James Colquhoun

More From Free Yourself From Anxiety, Depression and ADHD Interview With Jodi Chapman:

Lisa Och | 2 months, 2 weeks ago
That was very informative, Jodi mentioned a school infection Impetigo, what causes it in adults as my son gets it every year?
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello Lisa, impetigo occurs when the skin becomes infected with bacteria. The bacteria can infect the skin in two main ways either through a break in otherwise healthy skin such as a cut, insect bite or other injury or through skin damaged by another underlying skin condition. Hope this helps :) ~ Joyce@FMTV
Belinda Rosenberg | 1 year, 8 months ago
really interesting and so much information I think this is one to watch a few times for me
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 year, 8 months ago
We love to know that, Belinda :)
Elsebeth Powers | 3 years ago
This is a VERY good and information-filled interview! In ayur-vedic medicine the health of the gut is core. I started to learn about this ages ago — and use a lot of the ayur-vedic wisdom, but now this kind of knowledge is exploding in collective consciousness. And you are doing a great job at explaining in easy ways + inspiring people to actual ACTION! Thank you!
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 3 years ago
Hi Elsebeth! We're always delighted to hear feedback such as yours :) Thank you for your support and wish you wellness always ~ Jasmin
Aliya nylander | 3 years, 3 months ago
I know this video came out a while ago but I have two questions. (1) if an individual knows that they are going to be going to Third World countries or other foreign Asian countries where bacteria can be an issue, what are some of the preventative items that we should begin to take while we're traveling. Such as, should I be taking probiotics while I'm traveling? And what probiotics can be brought with me that might not be able to be refrigerated while I am traveling or on an airplane.
(2) I do gerson method coffee enimas for my own gut & liver health. I know that I will be doing this when I return from the 4-months, are there any other suggestions while I'm traveling? I wasn't planning on bring my equipment with me. Would be odd in a backpack or travel suitcase. But I will if it's recommended.
Id love to know what Jodi would suggest in this situation of extended travel in foreign countries. Thank you!
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 3 years, 3 months ago
Hello Aliya, thank you for these questions. You may find these helpful: http://www.foodmatters.com/article/our-secret-tips-for-a-healthy-vacation http://www.foodmatters.com/article/how-to-travel-stay-healthy-its-easier-than-you-think It would also be best to seek professional advice from a healthcare practitioner as they can give you the best advice based on your needs. You may find our practitioner guide helpful: http://www.foodmatters.com/resource/practitioner-directory :)
Nicole Rashidian | 3 years, 9 months ago
I was just wondering if you can give an example of what an antibiotic herb would be? Thank you
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 3 years, 9 months ago