FMTV - Green Vegetable Soup

Green Vegetable Soup

Series: Food Matters Main Meal Recipes | Episode: 25 | Runtime: 3m 29s | Release date: 2017

Packed with nutrient-rich vegetables, this vegetable soup will nourish you from the inside out!

Serves: 1

Why it’s so good for you:

This healing vegetable soup is made with either chicken bone broth or vegetable broth, for a vegetarian version.

Chicken bone broth is rich in minerals that support the immune system and contains healing compounds like collagen, glutamine, glycine and proline. The collagen in bone broth heals your gut lining and reduces intestinal inflammation. Collagen also supports healthy joints, skin, hair and nails.

Nutritionally, this vegetable soup is packed full of many water-soluble vitamins as well as dietary fiber and a range of minerals. It also helps to regulate the digestive tract and includes detoxifying vegetables and alkalizing greens like kale, broccoli, zucchini, green beans, cilantro and parsley.

James Colquhoun

More From Food Matters Main Meal Recipes:

Abigail Chakanyuka | 4 weeks ago
Lovely, just want to find out, on green vegetable soup, how do you make the broth you are using? Sorry if I’m sounding silly
Andrea Alicer | FMTV | 4 weeks ago
Hello, Abigail! You can check the healing detox broth recipe here: https://www.fmtv.com/watch/fmr-detox-healing-broth Enjoy! 😊 ~ Andrea@FMTV
Lauren Tripp | 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Yup still loving this program! And the great company of the videos and the way it’s set up! Brilliant! I’ll be doing this again. Even if I hust do a day here and there. Thank you so much!!!
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Happy to know you are loving this Lauren :) ~ Joyce
Jeanne Bertoli | 4 months ago
I assume the only compelling reason to blend vs. eating this without blending is ease of digestion...is that correct? I'm on Day 1 and I'm a little scared I'll freak out and at not chewing for a week. :) Thx!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 4 months ago
Hi Jeanne, we do suggest to follow the program to reap the full benefits of this cleanse. The benefits of liquid nutrition and introducing more living, plant-based foods into your diet than you normally would can have profound healing effects. By using juices, smoothies and soups, we are able to flood our bodies with macro and micro nutrients in a simple and easy way for our bodies to digest. This, in turn, liberates our digestive energy and allows our body to use the excess energy to cleanse and revitalize the body. However, this cleanse is not about restriction or deprivation. If you feel that you want to chew something or a little hungry, please feel free to snack on vegetable sticks, sauerkraut or fermented vegetables, low sugar fruits like avocados, grapefruits and fresh or frozen berries. You will find the complete list of our recommended snacks between meals, in the FAQ section of the workbook. Hope this helps and all the best with the cleanse! 🌷 ~ Iris
Jeanne Bertoli | 4 months ago
Yup - got it - this is fantastic! I'm thrilled that you all did it this way! I'm all in - Day 3 and going strong. All I did was chew a few of the broccoli florets before I blended the soup, and all the rest has been liquid. LOVING this! So grateful...Jeannie
Begoña Moreno-Luque | 7 months ago
Ending up my fourth day now and sticking totally to the program! Breakfast and dinner recibirá are actually delicious. By the way, where can we download the book?
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 7 months ago
Congratulations for making it to Day 4, Begoña! Glad to hear you are enjoying the cleanse! You can access the '7 Day Cleanse' workbook by following these simple steps: Step 1. Open the following link: https://www.fmtv.com/programs/7-day-food-matters-cleanse Step 2. Click on the ‘Meal Plan & Shopping List’ tab Step 3. Click the cloud to the right Step 4. A pop up containing the Workbook will appear! Step 5. Download. Hope this helps :) Enjoy! ~ Iris
Delores Cunha | 7 months, 1 week ago
I loved this soup. Never expected it to take on a different type of taste that is delicious in it's own way. Those who are vegetable lovers, like me, will love this soup, too. I liked it so much I had 1 1/2 bowls.