FMTV - Ginger Lemongrass Pumpkin Soup

Ginger Lemongrass Pumpkin Soup

Series: Food Matters Main Meal Recipes | Episode: 24 | Runtime: 4m 25s | Release date: 2017

This warming soup is as delicious as it is nourishing. The combination of ginger, lemongrass, and chili culminate in a perfect aromatic fusion that will delight the senses.

Serves: 1

James Colquhoun

More From Food Matters Main Meal Recipes:

Kim Porcelli | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
What can I replace with the lemongrass? I Have Leeks and scallions...would that work? Or I have Lemograss essential Oil?
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Hi Kim, to replicate the flavor of lemongrass, we suggest using the rind of a lemon. We found this article really helpful for flavor substitutes: https://www.spiceography.com/lemongrass-substitute/. Hope this helps :) Enjoy! ~ Iris
jessica morales | 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Should the pumpkin be roasted firsted? Or put into the pot raw, then simmer 7-10min?
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello Jessica, the pumpkin used here is raw :) ~ Pauline
Becki Brunelli | 10 months, 1 week ago
Can I used pureed butternut squash (organic, no bpa) from a can, since it all gets pureed anyway? Also, I'm not a fan of spicy (cayenne), or coriander, or cumin! Do you have suggestions for substitutions? Thank you!
Ivory David | FMTV | 10 months, 1 week ago
Hello Becki, we always recommend using fresh and organic produce, however, please feel free to use organic pureed butternut squash in a can. For the cayenne, or coriander, or cumin substitutes, you may use basil or parsley ~ Ivory :)
Rhonda Williams | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
How crucial is the cayenne pepper to this recipe? I'm not a heat "torture" foodie for one. Also I dealt with an h-Pilori duodenal bleeding ulcer from age 17-33. My stomach is extremely sensitive & it could keep me up thru the night.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Rhonda! We all process foods differently and we have different tolerances to individual ingredients. If there is something that doesn’t sound good or you know it’s an ingredient that you don’t tolerate very well, please don’t include it. Or you may want to talk to a qualified health practitioner about this. ~ Jasmin
Julie-Anne Fleming | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
I love this soup too!
Day two almost done. I can't believe it! Although everything has been very tasty 😋
Diane Crawford | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Wow this soup is gorgeous!! I doubled the amount for Friday so will freeze and it's all ready to heat up 😊
This will certainly be a regular soup in my kitchen !!!
Day two done ✅ feel fab haven't felt hungry once 😊