Healing Detox Broth

Series: Food Matters Main Meal Recipes | Episode: 27 | Runtime: 5m 21s | Release date: 2017

This healing detox broth is extraordinarily rich in nutrients and makes for a great base for soups.

Makes: 10 cups

Why it is good for you:

This broth uses a range of different vegetables, herbs and spices which provides essential nutrients and tastes delicious. If you are looking for a vegan or vegetarian broth, then you can simply omit the chicken carcass from the ingredients.

Bone broths are extraordinarily rich in protein and minerals. Glycine supports digestion and the body's natural detoxification process; and proline, especially when paired with vitamin C, supports good skin health.

Bone broths are also rich in gelatin, which is great for healthy skin and joint health. Gelatin also supports digestive health.

James Colquhoun

More From Food Matters Main Meal Recipes:

Michael Scholes | 3 months ago
Do you have a recommended use for the vegetables after they've been filtered out of the broth? Seems a shame to throw them all away.
Karelle | FMTV | 3 months ago | Edited 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello Michael. you may use them for another recipe. These recipes are perfect for your leftover veggies: https://www.fmtv.com/watch/roast-vegetable-salad-with-yogurt-dressing and https://www.fmtv.com/watch/vegetable-frittata Enjoy! :) ~ Karelle
Becki Brunelli | 3 months, 1 week ago
I'm finding the veggie broth to be way too spicy for my taste. I'm not sure if it's the garlic, pepper, turmeric powder or ginger powder, because those are the only things that could have a kick to them. It almost tastes like someone poured a bunch of hot peppers in there! Does anyone else have that issue? (To be fair, I am sensitive to spicy foods and don't like them). I'm almost thinking I might have to remake it, I'm just not sure what to leave out. Suggestions? Thank you!
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 3 months, 1 week ago
Hi Becki! You may lessen the spicy flavour by adding more of the major components of the dish by adding more veggies. Or adding a bit of coconut milk or any plant-based milk can do the trick. Hope this helps! ~ Jasmin
Elizabeth Jeffers | 3 months, 1 week ago
If I am doing this with my husband can I just double everything? Including all recipes in the 7 day cleanse.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 3 months, 1 week ago
Hello Elizabeth, yes. The recipes are good for 1 person only! Enjoy the detox with your husband :)
Frances Aguilar | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Just to be clear we are not eating the veggies during the cleanse only drinking the broth? Can just drink pre made bone broth?
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Frances, the healing detox broth will be used to make the soup recipes in the 7 Day Food Matters Cleanse program :) ~ Iris
Judy Pan | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
What shall I do for the chicken meat if I cook the soup with a chicken? Thanks
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello Qiuyan, you may use this to make a chicken recipe for later. You may want to check some recipes here https://www.fmtv.com/search?q=chicken :)