FMTV - Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

Runtime: 1h 37m | Release date: 2011

This film features: Joe Cross.

100 pounds overweight, loaded up on steroids and suffering from a debilitating autoimmune disease, Joe Cross is at the end of his rope and the end of his hope. In the mirror he saw a 310 lb man whose gut was bigger than a beach ball with a path laid out before him that wouldn't end well— with one foot already in the grave, the other wasn't far behind. Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead is an inspiring film that chronicles Joe's personal mission to regain his health.

With doctors and conventional medicines unable to help long term, Joe turns to the only option left - the body's ability to heal itself. He trades in the junk food and hits the road with juicer and generator in tow, vowing only to drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices for the next 60 days. Across 3,000 miles, Joe has one goal in mind: to get off his pills and achieve a balanced lifestyle.

While talking to more than 500 Americans about food, health and longevity, it's at a truck stop in Arizona where Joe meets a truck driver who suffers from the same rare condition. Phil Staples is morbidly obese, weighing in at 429 lbs, and is a cheeseburger away from a heart-attack. As Joe is recovering his health, Phil begins his own epic journey to get well.

What emerges is nothing short of amazing – an inspiring tale of healing and human connection. Part road trip, part self-help manifesto, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead defies the traditional documentary format to present an unconventional and uplifting story of two men from different worlds who each realize that the only person who can save them are they, themselves.

Joe Cross

You may also like:

Chels B | 1 week, 1 day ago
Joe Cross, what a legend!
Jori | FMTV | 1 week, 1 day ago
He sure is! Thank you for your feedback, Chels :) ~ Jori
Sal | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
How many juices does one drink each day? I seemed to miss that
Ivory David | FMTV | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
The juice is an added goodness to your healthy diet. You may have 1 glass a day or more. Listen to your body and do what makes you feel good! ~ Ivory :)
Sandra Lucas | 2 months, 3 weeks ago
A great film which was a joy to see again to be re-inspired. Awhile back I did a 15 day guided juice fast with Joe Cross, available on his website. It might be time for another fast. I have loved this 21-day program, teaching me new healthy recipes and how to combine foods correctly. Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 2 months, 3 weeks ago
We appreciate your feedback, Sandra! Glad to know you enjoyed the 21-day program :) ~ Pauline
Kathy Zablotzky | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Such an inspiring film. I'm only a few pounds overweight but very unfit with a few small health problems that are slowly getting worse. I need to get hold of a juicer asap to get my energy levels up. Thank you for this x
Karelle | FMTV | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
It's our pleasure, Kathy! ~ Karelle
Donna Michaelsen | 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Such inspirational stories! I just subscribed to FMTV a few weeks ago and find myself binge watching, lol.
I’m about 15 pounds overweight and am on 2 anti-depressants and 2 thyroid meds. My annual physical is next week so I will be talking to my doctor 1) my goal of getting off the meds, 2) increasing supplements for added vitamins/minerals and 3) doing a 10 day detox/reboot. My concern is that she is main stream and will try to tell me that I will never be able to get off the meds (as I have been told before) and that a cleanse is just a fad.
Has anyone run into this? How did you respond? Also, when doing a cleanse, do you have juice three times a day, or just when you are hungry? Is the amount per serving a concern? Are there any fruits and veggies to avoid when doing a cleanse? Thank you for any guidance you can offer.
Ruth Hills | 3 months, 1 week ago
Yes avoid food that are acid inducing...stick to alkaline foods...and yes don't listen to the doctor that says you'll always be on your meds, you won't just get regular bloods taken till your range is normal again, then ask for permission to stop taking them...once they see your results they won't stop you.
Remember to eat 30gms of fiber a day...very important!...use the remains of your juicing up in soups or cakes... Any more info I'm more than happy to help...yes these videos are wonderful! Luv Ruth