FMTV - Sweet Potato Waffles

Sweet Potato Waffles

Series: Elizabeth Eats Series 3: Healthy Make-Ahead Meals & Hacks | Episode: 7 | Runtime: 05m 57s | Release date: 2017

This segment features: Elizabeth Rider.

Who knew the humble sweet potato could be turned into such an incredible yet healthy treat?! Join Elizabeth in this episode to learn how to make healthy gluten-free, dairy-free sweet potato waffles that easily go from the freezer to the toaster, to your plate. Once you have these you will make sure to always have a batch on hand.

Serves: 4 six-inch waffles

Why It's Good For You:

What’s not to love about sweet potatoes?! They are loaded with beta-carotene, which your body converts to an active form of vitamin A as needed. They’re rich in vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6. Additionally, they’re a good source of potassium, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, phosphorus, and dietary fiber. The almond flour and eggs add an extra punch of protein, while the coconut oil adds a touch of good fat. These gluten-free, grain-free waffles will be a new freezer favorite.

Elizabeth Rider

More From Elizabeth Eats Series 3: Healthy Make-Ahead Meals & Hacks:

yalda Rezaimehr | 7 months, 4 weeks ago
We made these waffles tonight and they were amazing! In order to get them more crispy on the outside, we put them in the toaster for a minute.
Ivory David | FMTV | 7 months, 4 weeks ago
So glad you liked the recipe Yalda and nice tip too ~ Ivory :)
Stacey Aaronson | 10 months, 1 week ago
Hello there ~ I happened to notice the discrepancy in the vanilla amounts (surprised no one else has mentioned it). In the video it is mentioned to use 1 teaspoon whereas in the written instructions, it mentions using 1 tablespoon. Big difference here. My instinct is to go with 1 teaspoon, but I can also see using 1 tablespoon. Since this is my first time making these, I think I’ll go with the 1 teaspoon to be safe.
Andrea Alicer | FMTV | 10 months, 1 week ago
We apologise for the confusion, Stacey! You may just follow as Elizabeth does on the video, adding 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. :) ~ Andrea
Stacey Aaronson | 10 months, 1 week ago
Update: Waffles came out wonderfully using cassava flour (I’m sure they would have been just as wonderful using the almond flour, but I didn’t have that on hand this time). I, myself, would prefer to add a bit more cinnamon and perhaps some pumpkin spice next time around for more flavor. But otherwise, a very easy, yummy, quick waffle recipe to add to our waffle variety. Thanks so much Elizabeth! ☺️
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 10 months, 1 week ago
Yay! So pleased to hear it turned out well and that you loved this recipe, Stacey! ♥ ~ Iris
Kamisha Sidibe | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi. I am unable to do sweeteners of any kind. Is there a substitute for the maple syrup. Thank you. I would love to be able to make this.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello Kamisha, you may try stevia. This article may be helpful https://www.foodmatters.com/article/natures-best-alternative-sweeteners :) ~ Pauline
Sandy Taito-Ipock | 1 year, 3 months ago
Hello, I just tried this recipe and the waffles are delicious! Thank you Elizabeth! FYI: I used honey (since I did not have maple syrup) and it worked perfectly fine. Is there anywhere where the nutrition label can be seen? calories, fat, etc?
Also, these are not dairy free since the recipe calls for eggs...?
Many thanks.

Sandy
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 3 months ago
Hi Sandy! Thanks for the lovely feedback and we're glad that you've enjoyed the recipe. Are eggs dairy? No, which is actually good for those who don’t tolerate dairy well, as eggs have some nice benefits. We also recommend that you look for free-range eggs if you can :) ~ Jasmin