Easy Cashew Basil Pesto with Spaghetti Squash Noodles

Series: Elizabeth Eats Series 1 | Episode: 4 | Runtime: 8m 6s | Release date: 2016

This segment features: Elizabeth Rider.

Love noodles? Then this one’s for you. Kids and parents alike love this super tasty dish using spaghetti squash as an alternative to traditional pasta. The cashew pesto makes a wonderful sauce that adds a great cheesy, nutty flavor. This dish will quickly become a permanent addition to your family’s recipe rotation. No one has to know that it’s both gluten-free and dairy-free.

Serves: 2

Elizabeth Rider

More From Elizabeth Eats Series 1:

Kendra Metcalfe | 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Hi! I have two questions. 1) will my vitamix do the same job as my food processor? Since buying it I rarely pull out the processor anymore since the vitamix is easier to clean. 2) if I am only cooking for myself can I freeze the cooked squash for another time? I know Elizabeth said it could be kept in the fridge for a couple days. TIA
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Hi Kendra! Just check your blender settings while blending your pesto on your Vitamix. As for the squash, you may pack them into freezer containers after they have cooled but it would be best to do this before making them into spaghetti strands. Hope this helps! ~ Jasmin
Kathy Fricke | 1 month ago
I cannot find basil. I was surprised! Is there another herb or two I can substitute? Thanks.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 month ago
Hello Kathy, it is okay. You can use parsley, cilantro or mint :)
Yose Pérez | 1 month ago
The pesto was amazing, I had to change the squash for zucchini, my squash was mash instead of noodles.
Mara Bugarin | 1 month ago
The recipe says pumpkin can be use instead of spaghetti squash. I have a pumpkin at home so my question is how I can cut it the pumpkin or maybe I can shred it. Do I do that before baking or after?
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 month ago
Hi Mara! Thanks for contacting us about this. You may bake the pumpkin after peeling and cutting into thin strips. All the best! ~ Jasmin 💚
Kathy Fricke | 1 month ago
Hi. Should the nuts and seeds be soaked like in the other recipes or used without soaking? Thank you.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 month ago
Hi Kathy! Thanks for writing in about this, we always recommend soaking your nuts and seeds. Nutritional inhibitors and toxic substances found in nuts grains and seed can be minimized or eliminated by soaking. ~ Jasmin 💚
Robert ROBINSON | 1 month ago