Donna Gates Cultured Veggies

Series: A Day In The Life With Donna Gates | Episode: 2 | Runtime: 16m 54s | Release date: 2015

This segment features: Donna Gates, James Colquhoun.

Donna shares her medicinal recipe for this gut-health staple after spending years perfecting it!

Makes: 1 whole jar

Why it’s good for you:

Culturing vegetables allows healthy bacteria to grow, providing a source of probiotics to nourish your gut flora, improve your immune system and help you digest the food you eat.

James Colquhoun
Donna Gates

More From A Day In The Life With Donna Gates:

Kirsten Corrigan | 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for this. I have made it 3 or 4 times now over the last year, I don't have the sachets available as mentioned in the video but use a little bit of the yogurt "juice" from unsweetened natural yoghurt, it bubbles away really well maybe doesn't have all the goodies that Donna's products have but I feel like it's still doing good.. This is a easy flexible recipe . I am a convert!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Happy to hear you loved this recipe, Kirsten! You can find the starter culture from your local health food store or you can purchase it here: http://bodyecology.com/weight-loss-vegetable-culture-starter.html. You might also want to check out our Simple Sauerkraut recipe here: https://www.fmtv.com/watch/simple-sauerkraut wherein we used raw honey as a starter. I hope you could also give this recipe a go :) Happy fermenting! ~ Iris
Maya Badran | 1 year ago
can i use the kefir starter instead of the sachet you used?
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year ago
Hi Maya! Yes, you can check your local health food stores for this. ~ Jasmin ❤
louise baker | 1 year, 3 months ago | Edited 1 year, 3 months ago
After the 7 days of fermenting do I remove the cabbage leaf? Do I have to put all the jars in the fridge? mine didn't spill over....First timer 😀
louise baker | 1 year, 3 months ago
Hello, I have a question about the cultured veg recipe- is 2/3 cup of the cabbage all you use? Why not mix it all in? Does it not need a weight on it to,press down the veg?
Hanna Long | 1 year, 7 months ago
Where can i get the veg starter ? Is not available here in Ireland
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 7 months ago
Hi Hanna! If you're having trouble finding them in your grocery stores, you can always try checking your local health stores. Hope this helps. Jasmin.
Lisa Stevens | 1 year, 9 months ago
I liked the video, but it was a little hard to watch. Her face looks strange, almost like she's had a bunch of plastic surgeries or something. And that's totally her business, or course. Just made it hard to watch the video.
Ingrid Hancock | 1 year, 11 months ago
I loved this video, I have just started eating sour kraut & after watching this video will definitely give it a go.