FMTV - Decadent Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream

Decadent Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream

Series: Elizabeth Eats Series 4: Dairy-Free Cooking Secrets | Episode: 10 | Runtime: 05m 46s | Release date: 2018

This segment features: Elizabeth Rider.

Intensely creamy dairy-free ice cream for those who want a taste of heaven for their dessert!

Much better than the ordinary dairy ice cream, this recipe has less sugar and fat since it uses a non-dairy base. An extra factor is the health benefit you get from coconut which is easier to digest, allergy free and loaded with great fats.

Elizabeth Rider

More From Elizabeth Eats Series 4: Dairy-Free Cooking Secrets:

Robyn Thomson | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
I don't have an ice cream maker so just froze it in a container. It was a bit hard to spoon out but very yummy. The next time I made it in iceblock holders and an icecube tray, much easier to eat and a hit with everyone. Delicious and so quick and easy!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Happy to know you loved this recipe, Robyn! You can find more delicious ice cream recipes here: https://www.fmtv.com/search?q=ice+cream :) Enjoy! ~ Iris
Martina Giraldi | 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Even after 30 minutes the sauce doesn't thicken to ice cream (I made dairy ice cream and cashews ice cream and both thickened after approximately 20/25 minutes). The cream is very cold but doesn't build the "ice crystals". What am I doing wrong?
I followed the recipe exactly, the only exception was the agave syrup because I ran out of maple syrup.
Thank you for your suggestions!
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Martina! Have you tried to check if the freezer bowl is actually frozen? It needs a full 24 hours in the freezer for best results. Your mix should also be as cold as possible prior to churning. Hope you try it again! ~ Jasmin
Martina Giraldi | 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Mi Jasmin, yes the mix was very cold, and I always keep the freezer bowl in the freezer so that I can use it straight away when I want ro make ice cream 😁😎 but this time I suppose the refrigerator didn't work. Emptied the refrigerator, defrosted it (even if I had just defrosted itone month ago...) and now it works again.... Next ice cream should come out perfect! Thank you for your suggestion anyway!
Martina Giraldi | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
I have tried again and the ice cream came out perfect and delicious!
Faith Waulker | 7 months ago
I cannot believe how good the Decadent Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream is. Incredibly rich. I put mine in 8 oz mason jars for individual servings and put in the freezer. Unless I tweak the recipe, I will probably use 4 oz jars next time since the recipe is so rich. Can also just put 4-5 oz in 8 oz jars.
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 7 months ago
Good idea, Faith! Thank you for sharing and we are happy you loved this recipe :)
Nathalie Rousselot | 7 months, 1 week ago
Would you mind tell me what is the make of the ice cream maker? and how do you call those ice cream containers? thank you
Jeanette Sukh | 7 months, 1 week ago
OMG this icecream is amazing. My kids said it’s better than the ‘real one’ in the shops.
I made the batter and put it in the fridge until ready to go in the icecream maker and it set in fridge like a chocolate mousse. Still made it into icecream but it’s a recipe two ways!