Consumed: Inside The Belly Of The Beast

Runtime: 52m 03s | Release date: 2011

Consumed: Inside The Belly Of The Beast, is a thought-provoking documentary about the psychological roots of the modern consumer culture.

This narrative of our times discusses the roles that evolution and psychology play in modern consumerism and identifies the "unhealthy dose of pathos" that links humans to our consumer tendencies.

The film features interesting 20th-century archival footage as well as interviews with ecologists, psychologists, designers, and experts in sustainability.

Jonathan Chapman
Tim Cooper
Alastair McIntosh
Geoffrey Miller
Aimee Ploudee

You may also like:

Celynn Erasmus | 5 months, 1 week ago
Excellent. Provoking. It could have been longer - very interesting!
Reba Wek-Lake | 5 months, 2 weeks ago
There are so many insightful nuggets shared in this documentary! I have been prompted to see and think from a broader, more informed perspective - thank-you for making this available to watch!
Leanne Jenkins | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
A fantastic doco, a must watch!!
M. Bailey | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
One of my favorite movies here. If you have children, remove or control TV access so they have a chance to grow up with less consumerism and sexualization, learn to create instead of consume. Of course, that means you have to give it up too. Worth doing at any age. Minimalism, the movie is fantastic too.
Vera Nadine Boinn | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
This is a great flick. So much heart and so much to think about. :-)
Sherrie | 6 months, 4 weeks ago
We must all do our best to stay aware, be conscious of our own behavior, what we say and do. It all starts with me. I affect everyone around me and if I am loving and positive, if I am consciously making choices about my life I will lovingly and positively affect the world. Cynicism blocks the energy of positive change. Make the choice to wake up. Make the choice every minute of every day that you are able and when you fall asleep gently wake yourself up once again.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 6 months, 4 weeks ago
Well said, Sherrie! I so love your positive attitude! Wishing you the best on your journey ahead :) ~ Iris
Elizabeth Brown | 7 months ago
Totally new connection for me of consumerism/marketing to our evolutionary tendencies/history. Love the positive potential that we will lose interest in our current level of consumerism and "get real" with the planet and our place on it.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 7 months ago
Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for your very well said and insightful comment. It makes us incredibly happy here at FMTV when we hear about the positive impact these films have. ~ Jasmin :)
Carol Wagner | 7 months, 1 week ago
I believe that a lot of the ideas expressed here many of us tried to warn about decades ago. Time lost for us and the planet. Simply for them to amuse themselves!!