Common Weeds and Wild Edibles of the World

Runtime: 42m 20s | Release date: 2015

This film features: Sergei Boutenko.

Author/filmmaker Sergei Boutenko enjoys foraging for free food. He believes that wild edibles are extremely nutritious and should be collected and consumed regularly by everyone. To ensure that people collect edible plants in a safe and responsible manner, Boutenko produced this film.

Common Weeds And Wild Edibles Of The World is an instructional video on how to safely and sustainably harvest, clean, and prepare the most common wild edibles. In addition to in-depth instruction on how to forage for over a dozen edible plants, this movie also contains many useful tips that will help you reduce your monthly food bill and allow you to enjoy new, healthful, culinary flavors.

Sergei Boutenko

You may also like:

B | 1 month, 4 weeks ago
we did that all the time as I was a child with my grandmother in the fifties and until now with my kids and grandkids-its a good way to eat fresh when you have no garden and you love to go into the wild invironment

Gloria Luccarelli | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Sergei, thank you so much for making this information available to all, I will start foraging and I promise I will be careful and mindful of the environment.
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Wonderful to hear that Gloria :) Keep it up! :) ~ Joyce
therese cornelius | 7 months ago
Buying your book! Before eating weeds was popular, I educated myself and picked them from my own backyard in L.A.
20 years later, I’m back wanting to learn more! Thank you for re-igniting my interest and inner passion for foraging!
Ivory David | FMTV | 7 months ago
We appreciate your lovely feedback Therese, we are more than happy to know that we have helped you get back on track ~ Ivory :)
Joanna McCluskey | 10 months, 1 week ago
Loved it! Thank you Sergei. There is much more that could be added, but alas it all has to fit into the time slot, and I liked how you oriented it toward harvesting and making a salad. I will say when I harvest I usually just pick the leaves or leaves and stems, leaving inner ones for the plant to recover more quickly and provide a continuous supply from the same plants. If your foraging grounds are limited and you are working with the same plants through the season it is a good habit to develop. More and more of this please...keep it up!
Karelle | FMTV | 10 months, 1 week ago
Thank you for watching, Joanna! We truly appreciate your lovely feedback! Stay tuned as we regularly add more films to FMTV. :) ~ Karelle
Amanda Prokopowich | 11 months, 2 weeks ago
I loved this! So informative! I learned so much! Thank you!
Lyndsay Ward | 1 year, 3 months ago
OMG. What a fantastic video, I am so excited to go out for my daily dog walk now to see what I can find on Salisbury Plain in Wiltshire, UK. Now off to buy the book....!
Debbie Golding | 1 year, 5 months ago
second time I have heard Sergio - this was really great as I learned I have almost all of those edibles in my yard - thanks Sergio!