FMTV - Class 2: The Power of Cold Therapy

Class 2: The Power of Cold Therapy

Series: Wim Hof Method: Mini Series | Episode: 3 | Runtime: 08m 12s | Release date: 2018

This segment features: Wim Hof.

The cold isn't as scary as you think. Gradual cold exposure, through cold showers, gives your vascular system a workout, helping to burn fat & increase the "feel good" chemicals in the brain. In Class 2, you’ll learn how to improve your cold tolerance... & enjoy it!

Wim Hof

More From Wim Hof Method: Mini Series:

Helen Bolton | 1 week, 6 days ago
Just so I'm clear, you have a warm shower and then step away, turn it to cold, then gradually expose your whole body to it with deep breathing for about a minute?
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 week, 6 days ago
Hi Helen, step under the warm shower and wash yourself. Then turn the water to cold, set your intention, and enter the cold shower. Gradually expose your body to the cold starting with your hands, your extremities, over your shoulders, then the rest of the body. Remain relaxed, control your breathing, and do your best not to tense up, never force it. Hope this helps :) ~ Iris
carmen | 1 month, 1 week ago
There is nothing better than a nice cold shower when it's snowing outside! I feel empowered and that I can do anything I set my mind to. Thanks Wind Hof for your teachings. :-)
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month, 1 week ago
Happy to hear you loved this video, Carmen! :-) ~ Iris
Eleanor Glashier | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Just done it! Makes me feel alive. Will be part of my daily routine now. Thank you Wim 🤗
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
So wonderful to hear, Eleanor! :) ~ Iris
Dawna Masters | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
I've started and it's intense and wonderful...just heading that way now...I hear Wim;s voice and words. " let's do it". I love his energy and fun teaching style. thank Wim.
Linda MN Nicholas | 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Yikes, cold showers have never appealed to me, but after watching this highly entertaining and educating class, I will start tomorrow morning....slowly easing into it and for a short time. Although who knows, maybe it will be for more than 30 seconds, I'll be guided by how I feel. Wim, you are a legend and FMTV, what a great bonus series this is, especially for those of us on a budget. Thank you :)
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month, 4 weeks ago
You're very much welcome, Linda! It's great to know that you are so positive in trying this cold therapy and we can't wait to hear how you'd go! ♥ ~ Iris
Alice Myburgh | 2 months ago
Hi. Will the benefit be the same if you start with a warm shower and gradually turn the warm water down until completely cold? I sometimes get into a cold swimming pool after my run, by doing this will the benefit be the same?