FMTV - Class 2: The Power of Cold Therapy

Class 2: The Power of Cold Therapy

Series: Wim Hof Method: Mini Series | Episode: 3 | Runtime: 08m 12s | Release date: 2018

This segment features: Wim Hof.

The cold isn't as scary as you think. Gradual cold exposure, through cold showers, gives your vascular system a workout, helping to burn fat & increase the "feel good" chemicals in the brain. In Class 2, you’ll learn how to improve your cold tolerance... & enjoy it!

Wim Hof

More From Wim Hof Method: Mini Series:

Vania Santos | 4 days, 22 hours ago
I strongly resist the cold baths. It is almost an act of courage to do so.
But as I'm looking to break down barriers so I started doing it a few days ago, and it really is not that bad. It is almost automatic to feel vitalized. I'll keep doing.
Helen Bolton | 1 week, 2 days ago
I did the cold shower for 1 minute after a hot one and was able to ease myself into it until I could stand for one minute rubbing my body. But afterwards I have a terrible headache and have needed to throw up. I really want to continue doing the cold showers as people are seeing great health benefits and my circulation was good afterwards but is feeling ill common after the cold shower? Can Wim explain why I am feeling this way? It's just a bad nauseating headache.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 week, 2 days ago
Hi Helen, sorry to hear this! It is recommended to gradually build up your exposure to cold over time. We suggest switching to cold gradually and start with 30 second exposure to cold and slowly increase each day. It is important to note to always train yourself without force and carefully listening to your body. For more details and should you have further questions, kindly head to this link here: https://www.wimhofmethod.com/faq. I hope this helps :) ~ Iris
Gabriela Rezende | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
It is so powerful to have sb to explain to us what the benefits are. Thank you Wim!
Ivory David | FMTV | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
You're most welcome Gabriela, it's great knowing you had such a great time watching the video ~ Ivory :)
Jenny Lane | 2 weeks, 4 days ago
I have managed to fully immerse my arms up to shoulders and my full legs so far, and to be able to remain there like this for a while. Will that have any benefit or does it have to be the whole body?
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Hi Jenny! Congratulations for taking the first step, that is a great start! We recommend gradually building up your exposure to cold over time - start by slowly switching the shower to cold for 30 seconds and gradually increase the time until your whole shower is cold! It is important to note to always train yourself without force and carefully listening to your body. For more details and should you have further questions, kindly head to this link here: https://www.wimhofmethod.com/faq. I hope this helps :) ~ Iris
Roxana Hutanu | 3 weeks ago
Hi, guys. Will you please help me with a short info: can you tell me if the cold therapy can be done by a woman trying to get pregnant. Thanks
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 3 weeks ago
Hi Roxana, we would suggest getting in touch with Wim Hof's support team directly here: https://www.wimhofmethod.com/contact :) ~ Iris
Gabriela Rezende | 1 week, 5 days ago
Got this "If you are pregnant, we advise against practicing the Method. We do not know if the increased adrenaline levels associated with the WHM techniques adversely affect the health of the baby. This is of course a tremendously delicate matter, and we want to be as careful as possible." from https://www.wimhofmethod.com/faq but that´s for those that ARE already pregnant...