FMTV - Class 2: The Power of Cold Therapy

Class 2: The Power of Cold Therapy

Series: Wim Hof Method: Mini Series | Episode: 3 | Runtime: 08m 12s | Release date: 2018

This segment features: Wim Hof.

The cold isn't as scary as you think. Gradual cold exposure, through cold showers, gives your vascular system a workout, helping to burn fat & increase the "feel good" chemicals in the brain. In Class 2, you’ll learn how to improve your cold tolerance... & enjoy it!

Wim Hof

More From Wim Hof Method: Mini Series:

lorraine Desira | 1 week, 1 day ago | Edited 1 week, 1 day ago
does swimming in cold sea water produces the same benefits. for me the sea is always cold even in summer lol.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 week ago
Hi Lorraine, you most definitely can! I think, starting your day with a swim in the sea sounds terrific, I would only recommend following the steps Wim Hoff has recommended, like starting with a warm shower and breathing exercise first. :) ~ Iris
Gingi Freeman | 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Gonna give this a try! Cold showers are not my thing but I want to break down some barriers!
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Enjoy, Gingi! Let us know if you have already done this :) ~ Pauline
Vania Santos | 3 months ago
I strongly resist the cold baths. It is almost an act of courage to do so.
But as I'm looking to break down barriers so I started doing it a few days ago, and it really is not that bad. It is almost automatic to feel vitalized. I'll keep doing.
Helen Bolton | 3 months, 1 week ago
I did the cold shower for 1 minute after a hot one and was able to ease myself into it until I could stand for one minute rubbing my body. But afterwards I have a terrible headache and have needed to throw up. I really want to continue doing the cold showers as people are seeing great health benefits and my circulation was good afterwards but is feeling ill common after the cold shower? Can Wim explain why I am feeling this way? It's just a bad nauseating headache.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 3 months, 1 week ago
Hi Helen, sorry to hear this! It is recommended to gradually build up your exposure to cold over time. We suggest switching to cold gradually and start with 30 second exposure to cold and slowly increase each day. It is important to note to always train yourself without force and carefully listening to your body. For more details and should you have further questions, kindly head to this link here: https://www.wimhofmethod.com/faq. I hope this helps :) ~ Iris
Gabriela Rezende | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
It is so powerful to have sb to explain to us what the benefits are. Thank you Wim!
Ivory David | FMTV | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
You're most welcome Gabriela, it's great knowing you had such a great time watching the video ~ Ivory :)
Jenny Lane | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I have managed to fully immerse my arms up to shoulders and my full legs so far, and to be able to remain there like this for a while. Will that have any benefit or does it have to be the whole body?