FMTV - No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Bites

No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Bites

Series: Elizabeth Eats Series 1 | Episode: 1 | Runtime: 5m 54s | Release date: 2016

This segment features: Elizabeth Rider.

Tired of boring health food snacks? Try these easy, addictive, on-the-go energy bites; we’ve heard people call them a party-in-your-mouth. Using fiber and mineral-rich dates as a base, this chocolatey snack satisfies your sweet tooth and provides extra energy for your busy lifestyle.

Makes: 24 balls

Elizabeth Ryder

More From Elizabeth Eats Series 1:

Shannon O'Connell | 9 months, 1 week ago
I have a couple of questions. First, it doesn't say to soak the hazelnuts but in the comments someone said they did. Is this a necessary step? And is that standard for any nuts added to healthy recipes?

Second question- after adding the Sea Salt Elizabeth says add a pinch of minerals. That's not on the recipe and what is it?
Thanks, you guys are great!!
Karelle | FMTV | 9 months, 1 week ago
Hello Shannon. Soaking neutralizes enzyme inhibitors, present in all seeds, and encourages the production of numerous beneficial enzymes. You may find this article helpful https://www.foodmatters.com/article/the-benefits-of-soaking-nuts-and-seeds. As for your second questions, Elizabeth actually said sea salts add minerals to the energy balls as well. Hope you enjoy the recipe! ~ Karelle
yalda Rezaimehr | 11 months ago
I made these energy bites. They are delicious and so satisfying! Next time I will put a whole hazelnut in the middle. These totally remind me of Ferrero Rocher chocolate which are so tasty.
Ivory David | FMTV | 11 months ago
Wonderful to know that you are loving the recipe as much as we do Yalda ~ Ivory :)
Kim Plaster | 1 year, 3 months ago
I've never eaten hazelnuts. I just bought some raw, organic hazelnuts that I have soaked and dehydrated. Should I roast them for better flavor? Thanks! Excited to try these healthy bites!
Ivory David | FMTV | 1 year, 3 months ago
No need to roast Kim, I'm sure you will love this recipe :) ~ Ivory
Kelsey Milner | 1 year, 4 months ago
Beautifully delicious! My toddler loves these as a treat
Ivory David | FMTV | 1 year, 3 months ago
That's wonderful to know Kelsey :) ~ Ivory
Mara Puerta | 1 year, 4 months ago
My family and I loved these!! They taste amazing and are so easy to make :) If next time I don't have chía seeds, what could I use instead?
Ivory David | FMTV | 1 year, 4 months ago
Perhaps, you can use flax seeds Mara, we are glad you loved this recipe ~ Ivory :)