FMTV - Chicken San Choy Bau

Chicken San Choy Bau

Series: Food Matters Main Meal Recipes | Episode: 8 | Runtime: 3m 53s | Release date: 2015

This segment features: James Colquhoun.

This light and tasty dish is perfect for sharing with friends and family. It’s quick to make and fills you up!

Serves: 2

Why it’s so good for you:

Chicken is a lean source of protein, and high in the amino acid tryptophan. When ingested, tryptophan is converted by the body into serotonin, which works with two other hormones, noradrenalin and dopamine, to lift mood, promote relaxation and help deal with stress.

James Colquhoun

More From Food Matters Main Meal Recipes:

Audrey McSorley | 1 month ago
Can I use chickpeas instead of the chicken?
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month ago
You can give it a try, Audrey! 💖 ~ Iris@FMTV
Kelly Genet | 1 year, 3 months ago
Delicious. Instant favorite.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 year, 3 months ago
Glad to hear you loved this recipe, Kelly! :) ~ Iris
Em Boughey | 1 year, 8 months ago
Sensational :-)
Roger Wanhainen | 2 years, 4 months ago
Any tips on whay to replace the chicken with (not chickpeas due to allergy) if we want to try this recipe instead of the pesto pasta again?
Claudia P. Sánchez-Castillo | 2 years, 9 months ago
This dish is gorgeous! Elegant and simple. It Is a prayer to my body. I fell I am having a relation of love with my body, I can feel its gratefulness. These are feelings I have not had before (of course I did enjoy many dishes in my life) but this feeling is special, very deep, very gentle, it is like a soft voice full of love and gratitude revealing for what it is receiving. The fact that I am doing everything: the shopping, the cooking and the eating, fully involving me, is truly very special, I am creating a relationship of love and caring between my body and mySelf. I love you all!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 2 years, 9 months ago
Wow, that sounds amazing, Claudia! Keep up the great work and we wish you every wellness as you continue your journey to a healthier lifestyle :) ~ Iris
Roberta Bolus | 2 years, 9 months ago
Very good! The flavor combination of the ginger, the spice of the chili 🌶 and the sweetness of real maple syrup was wonderful in this dish. Yum!
Stephanie Snyder | 3 years, 5 months ago
Tried this last night. Made 1 as per the recipe and one vegan friendly ? My vegan daughter ate the whole thing herself, and my meat eater came back for seconds!

I say you've got a winner if there are no leftovers and the teens are both happy.