FMTV - Birthday Chocolate Cake

Birthday Chocolate Cake

Series: Celebrate Your Sweet Tooth: Baked Desserts | Runtime: 30m 57s | Release date: 2018

Thick, rich, chocolate cake and dairy-free for your birthday!

Makes: 16 slices

Chef Cynthia Louise

More From Celebrate Your Sweet Tooth: Baked Desserts:

Lily Dipierro | 5 days, 13 hours ago
How can I replace eggs in the recipe? Will flax meal work? I’m worried it may be too dry?
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 5 days, 13 hours ago
Hello Lily, yes, you may use flax meal or mashed bananas. For more alternatives, head here https://www.foodmatters.com/article/easy-egg-substitutions-a-how-to-guide :) ~ Pauline
Lily Dipierro | 1 month, 1 week ago
Do you think this cake would work if I swapped the spelt flour for almond meal?
Chef Cynthia Louise | 1 month ago
It could... It might be denser. Let me know if you try... I'm interest to know.
lisa valentine | 2 months, 4 weeks ago
How did you make the pink icing for your God daughter's cake? Would love to do this for my daughter's 4th bday:)
Chef Cynthia Louise | 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I had some natural food colouring, Ive also used beetroot powder/juice before.
Liliana Weyermars | 4 months ago
It says Thick, rich, chocolate cake: gluten-free and dairy-free for your birthday!. Wholemeal or white spelt flour is not gluten free.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 4 months ago
Hi Liliana, so sorry for the confusion. This has already been corrected. Thanks so much for bringing this matter to our attention :) ~ Iris
Chef Cynthia Louise | 3 months, 3 weeks ago
You could give it a go with the bob's red mills gluten free flour.
michelle | 4 months ago
also...tried to make the frosting... the taste is good... the texture I am missing that gritty sugar texture...I am not a fan of the smooth texture in this....it seems more like a chocolate mousse or pudding...wondering if more cacao would achieve a grittier texture.