FMTV - Birthday Chocolate Cake

Birthday Chocolate Cake

Series: Celebrate Your Sweet Tooth: Baked Desserts | Episode: 1 | Runtime: 30m 57s | Release date: 2018

Thick, rich, chocolate cake and dairy-free for your birthday!

Makes: 16 slices

Chef Cynthia Louise

More From Celebrate Your Sweet Tooth: Baked Desserts:

Judith Ochoa | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
I made this cake using gluten free flour and it turn out really gummy, the flavor is good but I'm disappointing with the cake . The best parts is the icing is so yummy. Thanks for your recipe
Anne Horton | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Cynthia... you blow my mind and rock my world! I am soooo excited to make this cake for my daughter’s 3rd birthday. Just wondering how long it will keep? Should I make it on the day of her party or could I make it a day or two before? How is best to store it? I assume not in the fridge... would an airtight container be best?? Thank you in advance and thank you for changing our lives for the better - you are totally awesome!! Xx
Chef Cynthia Louise | 5 months, 4 weeks ago
Hi Anne! You should make this on the day of your daughter's party so you know you're serving this to your visitors fresh!
Lynn Pramberg | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Cynthia, I'm keen to make this cake for my daughter's birthday. Just reading through the instructions and all sounds easy, but when you talk about prep'g the icing, in step 9, it says not to add the coconut oil with the other icing ingredients into a food processor, but to add it at the end. Problem is coconut oil is not mentioned in the icing ingredients, so how much coconut oil is to be added to the icing. Apologies if I am missing something, but I've double checked it a few times and I couldn't see that anybody else has raised it before. Thank you.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Thanks for asking, Lynn. You may add about half a cup of coconut oil depending on your preference and we've also updated the recipe to include this. Thanks again and hope you enjoy making the cake! ~ Jasmin
Chef Cynthia Louise | 7 months ago
I hope the updated ingredients and method answers your question. Please let me know how I can further assist you.
Silviu Cotocel | 9 months, 1 week ago
Hello, I would like to know if is possible to use other flour, like almond, insted of spelt. Thank you!
Chef Cynthia Louise | 9 months ago
Hi Silviu! No not almond. You can use GF flour mix. Almond would make the cake very dry and dense
Nina Therese Sandal | 11 months, 1 week ago
Beautiful Cynthia, I had so much fun making this cake for my birthday.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 11 months, 1 week ago