FMTV - Vegan Banana Bread

Vegan Banana Bread

Series: Celebrate Your Sweet Tooth: Baked Desserts | Runtime: 13m 17s | Release date: 2018

Moist, vegan, banana bread made easy with some ingenious wholefood ingredient swaps. You won't believe how easy this is.

Makes: 15 to 20 slices

Chef Cynthia Louise

More From Celebrate Your Sweet Tooth: Baked Desserts:

Joelle Hewitt | 1 week, 5 days ago
Hi Cynthia, I made this banana bread with almond meal since I didn’t have any other flour, and alas the whole thing was a crumbly mess. It took forever to cook as it remained wet in the middle, presumably due to almond meal. I had to bake it for almond 1.5 hours! I had to cover it with foil since it was burning on edges. BUT the taste was amazing !!! I ate the entire cake over 5 days as my go to snack, it was in a crumbled heap so I just ate it with a spoon. Please let me know which flour is best. Thank you
Chef Cynthia Louise | 5 days, 14 hours ago
I use gluten-free all-purpose flour by Bob Mills
Judith Heezen/ SYNCO BVBA | 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Do you need to put the water with the flaxseed into the recipe or only the flaxseeds which are soaked?
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Judith! Thanks for asking. After combining the flax seeds and water, this should create an egg type texture which you would add to the food processor or the mixing bowl. Let us know how this turns out! ~ Jasmin
Chef Cynthia Louise | 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Judith, Yes you add both the water and the seeds, you will notiice that it thickens.
Lesley Cooper | 5 months ago
Is it 1 tablespoon of whole flaxseeds and 3 tablespoons of water? Written recipe says 3 tablespoons of flax seeds so shouldn't that be 9 tablespoons of water?
Chef Cynthia Louise | 5 months ago
Yes Lesley; that is correct. 1egg equals (1tbl flax + 3 tbl water) so for this recipe it is 3tbl flax + 9tbl water
Lesley Cooper | 5 months ago
thanks so much Chef Cynthia Louise. I have made it twice now and my teenage daughter thinks it is amazing. So delicious.
indu sharma | 5 months ago
I have a problem with figuring out how much is an ingrient in grams. Can you give me this recipe in cup measurements and spoon measurements.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 5 months ago
Hi Indu, sorry for the trouble. Please check out these links here to convert the measurements: http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_volume_cooking.htm and http://www.jsward.com/cooking/conversion.shtml. Hope this helps :) ~ Iris