FMTV - Vegan Banana Bread

Vegan Banana Bread

Series: Food Matters Festive Season Recipe Collection | Episode: 8 | Runtime: 13m 17s | Release date: 2018

Moist, vegan, banana bread made easy with some ingenious wholefood ingredient swaps. You won't believe how easy this is.

Makes: 15 to 20 slices

Chef Cynthia Louise

More From Food Matters Festive Season Recipe Collection:

Karen MacLeod | 4 months, 1 week ago
Hi, looks great! How much flour do you need? I don’t see it on the list. Thank you.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 4 months, 1 week ago
Hi Karen, it's 220g gluten-free flour. To get the full recipe, right below the video player, you will find the written recipe. Just click the ‘More’ button for the full recipe to display. Enjoy! ❤️ ~ Iris@FMTV
Chef Cynthia Louise | 4 months, 1 week ago
220g of gluten-free flour. Let me know how you go with this.
Phyllis Kingsbury | 6 months ago
Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans. This morning I made Chef Cynthia Louise's banana bread. It was a little difficult converting the grams to cups since I don't have a large enough food scale (I will be asking Santa for one). I used two organic eggs vs. the flax seed egg, and a square pan vs. a loaf pan. I don't know why. I was apprehensive about the substitutions but am happy to say that this bread is delicious! I just discovered that gluten makes my tummy very unhappy so I've been experimenting with new GF recipes. I've never been a fan of bread and rarely make desserts but would like to have at least a few options to enjoy occasionally. This is going into my recipe file. Loved it. :) Thanks Chef (and my the way ... my middle name is Louise so we are kindred spirits). You have ignited my interest in cooking which I previously thought as a chore and I can't wait to try some of your salads which look amazing!
Chef Cynthia Louise | 5 months, 4 weeks ago
Awesome work! Let me know how I can further assist you
Joelle Hewitt | 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Cynthia, I made this banana bread with almond meal since I didn’t have any other flour, and alas the whole thing was a crumbly mess. It took forever to cook as it remained wet in the middle, presumably due to almond meal. I had to bake it for almond 1.5 hours! I had to cover it with foil since it was burning on edges. BUT the taste was amazing !!! I ate the entire cake over 5 days as my go to snack, it was in a crumbled heap so I just ate it with a spoon. Please let me know which flour is best. Thank you
Chef Cynthia Louise | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
I use gluten-free all-purpose flour by Bob Mills
Judith Heezen/ SYNCO BVBA | 1 year, 2 months ago
Do you need to put the water with the flaxseed into the recipe or only the flaxseeds which are soaked?
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 2 months ago
Hi Judith! Thanks for asking. After combining the flax seeds and water, this should create an egg type texture which you would add to the food processor or the mixing bowl. Let us know how this turns out! ~ Jasmin
Chef Cynthia Louise | 1 year, 1 month ago
Hi Judith, Yes you add both the water and the seeds, you will notiice that it thickens.