FMTV - Coconut & Vanilla Custard

Coconut & Vanilla Custard

Series: Celebrate Your Sweet Tooth: Cooked Desserts | Runtime: 11m 32s | Release date: 2018

This segment features: Chef Cynthia Louise.

Skip the instant packet custard and make your own using only a handful of ingredients. This creamy, dairy-free, rich vanilla custard is so easy to make and it's the perfect breakfast or dessert option.

Serves: 2

Chef Cynthia Louise

More From Celebrate Your Sweet Tooth: Cooked Desserts:

Beverley Martin | 2 weeks, 2 days ago
I love banana and custard but haven’t had it for years because I always made it with custard powder.
Will make this for sure when I get home after looking after our sons pets over Christmas.
Yummy 😋 thanks for sharing .
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 2 weeks, 1 day ago
You're very much welcome, Beverley! You will surely love this recipe ;) ~ Iris
Chef Cynthia Louise | 1 week, 4 days ago
It's amazing when you can have an old fave in a new way. Hope you enjoyed it.
Iris Beemster | 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Yum, thanks chef. I totally love your recipes and this one is no exception. Just made it to go with stewed rhubarb (from our garden)...soooo good!
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Good job, Iris! Keep trying more recipes! :) ~ Pauline
Chef Cynthia Louise | 1 week, 4 days ago
Ahhh yes... Rhubard from your garden. xx
Sandi / S-J Chadwick | 2 weeks, 4 days ago
I grew up on a farm, in Canada, in the 1950's and 1960's. We had 2 very big gardens and grew almost all our own food. I have wonderful memories of my Mom making strawberry, raspberry and rhubarb jams, preserving peaches and pears, etc., canning apple sauce, tomatoes and her homemade soups. She and my Dad working together, making pickles and relishes. She made yummy pies and cakes, of course "from scratch", using butter, not margarine, and only 1/2 of the sugar the recipe called for. Sometimes she made cream puffs and chocolate eclairs, again "from scratch". We ate well.

I still make proper meals for myself, "from scratch". People are amazed that I do. I'm almost 70, although people think I'm younger. I'm in good health and taking no meds. I feel very fortunate and believe it's due to eating properly and well. Lots of organic foods which is all we had when I was younger.

No processed foods as I grew up and no processed foods now.
Chef Cynthia Louise | 1 week, 4 days ago
Really wonderful to read this. :) What a beautiful upbringing.
Carina Bouderlique | 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Hi Cynthia
I just wanted to know if this custard thickens more as it cools ? As I live in New Caledonia where it's quite warm, I don't really feel like warm custard right now, but cool custard... with banana and beautifully sweet pineapple... 😊
Thanks for this easy recipe!
Chef Cynthia Louise | 1 week, 4 days ago
It will tighten up a little when cooled.