Chef Susan 'Teton' Campbell shows you how to make this delicious recipe.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 - 5 cups water
- 1/2 celery head, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp sea dulse
- 2 tsp kelp granules, optional
- Herbs of your choice (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot, slow cooker or large pot. Cook on high for about 5 hours.
- Strain the vegetables and chicken from the broth.
- Cool the broth and store in the refrigerator.
- You can use the meat and vegetables as you wish.
This broth makes a healthy base for any soup.
This segment is part of Healing Foods
Susan ‘Teton’ Campbell