FMTV - A Beginner's Guide To Mindfulness Meditation Introduction

A Beginner's Guide To Mindfulness Meditation Introduction

Series: A Beginner's Guide To Mindfulness Meditation | Runtime: 5m 29s | Release date: 2014

This segment features: Ira Israel.

In this video, clinical psychologist Ira Israel introduces the concept of mindfulness, the benefits of mindful meditation, and how to set yourself up for a meditation session.

Ira Israel

More From A Beginner's Guide To Mindfulness Meditation:

Gloria Roldan | 10 months ago
Mr. Ira explained what Hindu believe and what Budda believe and just stated that Jesus is a Jew. How does that tie in. Jesus did meditate on the will, way and, word of God. Jesus is the light and the way to God.
Karen Ashdown | 10 months, 2 weeks ago
A no nonsense description of what meditation is and what it is for....I like Ira's style.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 10 months, 1 week ago
Glad to know you loved Ira's presentation, Karen! :) ~ Iris
Holly Templer | 1 year, 10 months ago
Can you explain why it is important to sit in this way? I understand the bit about being alert and relaxed. But why hips above knees for example? Why shoulders down the back? I would really like to know the ideas behind it.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 1 year, 10 months ago
Hi Holly! If you are curious by the notion of sitting on the ground in a cross-legged fashion, this is a good time to give it a try. Just remember that s straight spine will help you to stay alert for your meditations. You want to feel alive and energetic while you meditate—physically and mentally—and sitting in a physical position that is upright encourages that alert state of being. Sending you positive vibes! ~ Jasmin
Holly Templer | 1 year, 9 months ago
Is that the only reason? Because I have back problems and find sitting on the floor uncomfortable. I can stay alert in a chair
Daisy Woskow | 2 years, 2 months ago
So excited about exercising my mind with meditation. Just listened to the introduction; tomorrow will be day 1. Thank u FMTV❤️
Joy Metcalf | 2 years, 4 months ago
Rigid body for me means pain, and a cross-legged position is an impossibility. There is no "rigid frame, relaxed flesh" in my world. It's a relaxed position in a recliner or nothing.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 2 years, 4 months ago
Hi Joy! You'll get the hang of it in no time 🍁 ~Jasmin
Andrea Blum | 2 years, 4 months ago
Joy, I did this entire series in a recliner. Worked fine. The body focus meditation is very helpful to me. Hope you enjoy it! Added fun: figuring out all his locations! GO CHICAGO!! :)