A Simpler Way: Crisis As Opportunity

Runtime: 78m 56s | Release date: 2016

A Simpler Way: Crisis as Opportunity is a feature-length documentary that follows a community in Australia which came together to explore and demonstrate a simpler way to live in response to global crises. Throughout the year the group builds tiny houses, plants veggie gardens, practices simple living, and people discover the challenges of living in a community. The film features interviews with David Holmgren (co-originator of permaculture), Nicole Foss (The Automatic Earth), Helena Norberg-Hodge (Local Futures), Ted Trainer (Simplicity Institute), and many more.

David Holmgren
Helena Norberg-Hodge
Ted Trainer
Nicole Foss
Bill Metcalf
Graham Turner​

You may also like:

Valerie Shields | 4 weeks, 1 day ago
I can watch most videos but this & a few others keep freezing..stopping & starting😟
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello Valerie, sorry to know that. You may try using a different browser. We suggest you use Google Chrome. If this continues, please connect with us via Live Chat so we can assist you further :)
Kerstin Andersson | 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Loved this! More on simplicity and living simply and sustainable in harmony with nature please! Any recommendations on things like videos on fmtv on simplicity or making your own natural creams/ cleaning suplies would be amazing!
Clodagh Cahill | 11 months ago
What a great initiative, certainly makes me think about a more simple way of life.
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 11 months ago
We are pleased to hear you loved this film, Clodagh! ♥ ~ Iris
Hayley Holzheimer | 11 months ago
I loved this! This is my dream!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 11 months ago
That's great to know, Hayley! ♥ ~ Iris
Leah Ann Kelley | 11 months, 1 week ago
I really enjoyed this film. I love movies and TV shows about the Tiny House movement, living with less stuff and growing our own food. I love how people came with good intentions but realized it was just as much about communicating with each other, learning HOW to resolve conflicts and learning to be kind and generous towards each other. For me I am working on eating better to get healthy and learning how to quit using toxic substances in my daily life. To me this is a small but vital part of living more sustainable.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 11 months, 1 week ago
Hi Leah! We can always contribute to our planet by living sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint by altering methods of transportation, energy consumption, and diet. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! ~ Jasmin ❤
Mrs Bowers | 1 year ago
I really enjoyed this movie, also nice as I could relate as close to my home town of Melbourne. It has inspired me to start 'at the ground up'. Also has motivated me to learn more and that you don't have to move to the country but can start in your suburban garden and local community to make a difference. Thank you!