FMTV - 2-Ingredient Homemade Coconut Yogurt

2-Ingredient Homemade Coconut Yogurt

Series: Elizabeth Eats Series 4: Dairy-Free Cooking Secrets | Episode: 3 | Runtime: 06m 57s | Release date: 2018

This segment features: Elizabeth Rider.

If you love yogurt, you're going to love this vegan option made from coconut milk. Loaded with probiotics, protein and fibre this recipe is sure to become a household favorite.

Pair your homemade yogurt with your favourite fruits or vegetables, or use as dipping sauce for a tasty nutrient-packed snack.

Serves: 6

Elizabeth Rider

More From Elizabeth Eats Series 4: Dairy-Free Cooking Secrets:

karen heffron | 1 month, 3 weeks ago
can you puree a fruit to mix it in afterward or would it be better to add it prior to fermentation?
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Hi Karen, the fruit should be added prior to fermentation as the natural sugar in the fruit ferment during the fermentation process :) Happy fermenting! ~ Iris
Paris Latka | 2 months ago
Hello! Do I seal the lid when I put it in the oven with the light on? Thank you!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 2 months ago
Hi Paris, yes, you will need to put the lid on :) ~ Iris
Diane Crawford | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Elizabeth, I so want to make this but I'm struggling to find a decent coconut milk here in the UK without any nasties in I've found one with these ingredients in would this be ok to use ...Coconut meat extract, Water, Stabiliser
Which brand do you use and what's in it ??
Many thanks x
Elizabeth Rider | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Diane, I use the Native Forest brand here in the US, perhaps look for it online? If not, you can try to find fresh coconuts (perhaps at an Asian grocery store?) and make your own by blending the inside coconut meat/flesh with the coconut water, although, that is a lot more work. If you can't find a good coconut milk, I think looking online is your best bet.
Cynthia Sheptock | 7 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Elizabeth, can I add vanilla bean to the yogurt while it's fermenting? I want to try this recipe but plain yogurt isn't my thing. Can't wait to try this simple recipe. Thank you!
Elizabeth Rider | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
You sure can!
Viviane Gambati | 7 months, 3 weeks ago
Thank Elizabeth, is there any good probiotics or family of probiotics you could recommend?
Elizabeth Rider | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Viviane! I use the USANA Health Sciences brand Probiotic. Whatever you choose just make sure it is high quality and contains lactobacillus bacteria. ~E