FMTV - 100 Days In The Raw

100 Days In The Raw

Runtime: 86m 46s | Release date: 2015

This film features: David Wolfe.

After a devastating breast cancer diagnosis followed by a lumpectomy, mastectomy and two years of breast reconstruction surgery and recovery, filmmaker Tracy Sabeti makes the decision to take full responsibility for her health. Joined by five friends, each dealing with their own health issues, they embark on a 100-day journey vowing to eat only raw, vegan food.

*Disclaimer

• Please be advised that although we feel there are important messages in this film, we also acknowledge that there may be conflicting ideologies that challenge beliefs. We like to encourage our viewers to do their own diligent research to determine which is the right approach for them as we regard nutrition and health as being highly individualized and not a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Additionally, the following footage contains graphic imagery that may be disturbing /upsetting to some viewers.

David Wolfe
Amy Jean Davis
Tracy Sabeti
Mimi Kirk
Fedele Bauccio
Jenny Ross
Lauren Birnbryer

You may also like:

Wendy Todd | 1 week, 2 days ago
Robin has a point about FMTV’s video player. It could be improved and this app could offer a way to download and watch offline within the app. I would love it if FMTV upgraded their video player. I understand the technical issues and that it’s the player which is the main problem. Please upgrade for a better experience FMTV! :)
Pauline Balidiong | FMTV | 1 week, 2 days ago
Thank you, Wendy for this feedback. This will be passed on to the team :) ~ Pauline
Jan Saunders | 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Loved this but made me sad that near the end that the beef cattle producer said about their slaughter... these people clearly feel empathy for the cows and yet they justify killing them and make it better by “respecting” them... the woman gets it innately yet stays in denial by saying it’s part of life cycle...which it is not. Whether an animal is stressed in the lead up to slaughter or not, if we wouldn’t kill a dog or cat or horse for their flesh why do we continue to justify it for cattle who are all equally as aware and in love with their life.
HELEN BOYD | 7 months ago
Thoroughly enjoyed this documentary, I would love to try raw vegan, just not sure if I could manage it, and not sure why I even think that.!
Karelle | FMTV | 7 months ago
Baby steps, Helen. Going raw vegan can be quite challenging but you can definitely do it! You might also find this series helpful: https://www.fmtv.com/watch/starting-out-on-the-raw-food-diet. ~ Karelle
Robin Bradley | 9 months, 1 week ago
I have remembered why I originally unsubscribed from FMTV,; the films keep hanging. Three minutes into this one and it stoped.Ten minutes later it started again for a few seconds and stopped again. I have just tried watching programmes on YouTube and the BBC and no problems at all.I am not technical so please could you explain to me why this happened and what I have to do to get FMTV films to work for me? Thank you.
Karelle | FMTV | 9 months, 1 week ago
Hello Robin. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. There are a number of things that could be causing this issue. Here are some things you can try: - Try letting the video buffer before you view it i.e. download fully first - Close other browser tabs and windows. This can make a huge difference! - Make sure you have either the latest version of Flash running on your computer or use a browser with native HTML5 support. - Switch to another browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox to see if that helps. We would also suggest setting the resolution to the lowest resolution as this often resolves playback issues. You can do that by clicking on the gear icon in the video player and choose the lowest resolution :) For more troubleshooting tips please see here: https://vimeo.com/help/faq/watching-videos/playback-issues I hope this helps. ~ Karelle
Mona sabeti | 10 months ago
I really enjoyed this film, really important for today's society that is literally addicted to the wrong foods. Very inspired!
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 9 months, 4 weeks ago
Hi Mona, thank you so much for the lovely feedback. We are so glad to know that this film inspired you :) ~ Joyce
Josh Bonnain | 10 months, 1 week ago
I realized something interesting as I watched 100 Days in the Raw...that I'm already a raw vegan a third of my life! While I don't see myself fully converting, 100 Days taught me a ton about this lifestyle and its hidden / less obvious truths.

As an occasional meat eater, the contrast with cows (however happy) and raw veganism struck me in a weird way. This is "as good as it gets" for animals before slaughter, which still, of course...ends in slaughter. Unsettling for the right reasons -- however uncomfortable those reasons might be to a carnivore.

I look forward to watching more from Tracy. And more specifically, any other smoothie tips she has to share!!