FMTV - Going Plant-Based with Dietician McKel Hill

Going Plant-Based with Dietician McKel Hill

Series: 10 Day Plant-Based Challenge Expert Interviews | Runtime: 39m 06s | Release date: 2018

This segment features: McKel Hill.

In this exclusive FMTV interview, join James as he chats with Mckel Hill from Nutrition Stripped about her journey to eating more plant-based foods, how to make sure you’re getting enough micronutrients, and her favorite, most nutrient dense plant-based foods.

Mckel Hill is a nutritionist, dietician, author, and influencer. She is the founder of Nutrition Stripped where she outpours her passion for clean eating and getting more plant-based foods in order for people to be their own health advocate and know how good being healthy can feel.

McKel Hill
James Colquhoun

More From 10 Day Plant-Based Challenge Expert Interviews:

Daniela Zamora | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Amazing interview!!!!
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks, Daniela! :) ~ Iris
Marie Vest | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Is stevia recommended?
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi Marie! As a plant sweetener, green leaf stevia has been shown to have no negative impact on blood sugar levels, and has an alkalizing effect on the blood. Green leaf stevia can be found at your local health food store and comes in powdered or liquid form. Just be sure that you’re buying pure stevia, as many brands have manufactured their own version of stevia that can include additives and artificial sweeteners such as sucralose. Hope this helps, Jasmin
Tannis Fiddler | 11 months, 2 weeks ago
So I love all of this. I'm really trying to absorb and make a shift in my thinking on food. I struggle in an area though. I have a child who has shown she struggles with some food sensitivities. Gluten and dairy were eliminated right away because I've always believed they were particularly hard on humans (other than Einkorn). I had a food sensitivity panel done on her and it showed certain foods like tomatoes, hazelnuts and almonds, and quinoa to be a bit of a sensitivity. Do you find that food sensitivities dissipate once a person has been on a plant based diet for a period of time? I really want to play around and vary her diet but I'm so nervous to cause further digestive issues or discomfort. By the way - she is four.
Lisa Bald | 1 year ago
Thank you McKel for addressing protein in plant-based. That is one area I get the most questions when I mention I want to move towards a primarily plant-based diet. I’ve found a few charts that I keep in my recipe book to help me visually recall these plant-based proteins.
Charmain Harris | 1 year ago
I enjoyed the interview and I'm reminded that I need to make some fermented foods as McKel shared her top 3 plant-based foods. The actionable step with the % rule is such a great idea and one that is so simple to remember and practise. Thank you much.
Ivory David | FMTV | 1 year ago
Great to know that you enjoyed this expert interview Charmain, we appreciate your lovely feedback ~ Ivory :)
Kristine Reynolds | 1 year ago
Thank you for the simplicity of your suggestions. Best advice: Listen to y
our body and be your own wellness advocate!
Joyce Ann Solomon | FMTV | 1 year ago
Hello Kristine, we are happy to know that, you have learned from this program :) ~ Joyce