Sort by:
  • First Episode
  • Most Viewed
  • Highest Rated

Lyn Elvery | 2 years, 1 month ago
I have been advised not to have any coconut products in my diet because of high cholesterol , only oils from green plants. it seems to be used fairly often in these recipes. My question is are the other oils going to taste as good in these recipes, as taste is a big thing for me.? I need flavour.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 2 years, 1 month ago
Hi Lyn! You may try to use olive oil but it doesn't have much of a coconut flavor. However, while coconuts and coconut liquids are full of saturated fats, not all of it is bad for you. Much of the saturated fat content is lauric acid which is transported directly to the liver where it is converted to energy rather than being stored as fat. Learn more about this here: http://www.foodmatters.com/article/the-truth-about-saturated-fat-and-coconut-oil. ~ Jasmin
Elizabeth Rider | 2 years, 1 month ago
Hi Lyn! It depends on the recipe. In general you can sauté in grape seed oil as well (as it has a higher flash point) and it's a neutral tasting oil. It's hard to replicate the flavor of coconut oil, but if you're just looking for a substitute to sauté with grape seed oil is great. From a health perspective, there is debate about the health of saturated fats in coconut oil. I tend to go towards small amounts in your diet being healthy as it's full of lactic acid and other medium chain fatty acids. However, every body is different and I encourage you to find what's right for you. And, always follow the advice of your trusted medical/health care professional. Hope that helps! :)
Mary Harris | 2 years, 4 months ago
I made the thai peanut supper food slaw. Well i can tell you it was yummy. Keep them coming please.
Jasmin Habelito | FMTV | 2 years, 4 months ago
Thanks for sharing this with us, Mary! ~ Jasmin
Elizabeth Rider | 2 years, 3 months ago
Hi Mary. Happy to know you like the recipe, I love that one too. Thanks for being here! ~Elizabeth
Josie Bouchier | 2 years, 4 months ago
I just watched the Coconut Curry and Coconut Ice Cream episode and I am so impressed! So many great tips!! From opening the coconut can upside down, to slicing the broccoli stalk. Amazing! Can't wait to watch the rest and try these recipes. <3
Iris Aguanta | FMTV | 2 years, 4 months ago
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, Josie! Hope you enjoy making the recipes :) ~ Iris
Elizabeth Rider | 2 years, 3 months ago
Josie, glad you liked it! Thanks for being here. ~Elizabeth
Iryna Boehland | 2 years, 5 months ago
Love watching Elizabeth and her recipes!

SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE ON TWITTER