Help & Frequently Asked Questions
Some members may currently be experiencing trouble with their passwords. We are sorry if this has caused any confusion. If you are having trouble logging in, you can quickly and easily reset your password here: reset your password. We hope you are enjoying FMTV.
FMTV Help Center Sections
- I am having trouble with my credit card or signing up
- I am having trouble watching videos
- I have a general question about FMTV
Help with Credit Cards and Signing Up
I get the message "CREDIT CARD PAYMENT FAILED"
If you are getting this message please take note of the Gateway Response. Following is a more detailed description of what some of these responses mean:
- Do Not Honour: This typically means that your bank has flagged this transaction as possibly fraudulent. If you are outside of Australia, your bank may be recognizing that the payment is being made to an Australian company. You will need to contact your bank and advise them to allow this transaction.
- Function Not Permitted To Cardholder: The type of credit card that you are trying to use is not suitable for this type of payment. The subscriptions on FMTV are all ongoing subscriptions, some cards, particularly DEBIT cards will not allow ongoing payments.
- Unable to connect to switch or Card Issuer Unavailable: Your bank or our system is not responding or down, this is likely to be a temporary issue. Perhaps try again in couple of hours or contact your bank and see if they are aware of any problems.
- No Credit Account: In most cases VISA and MasterCard cards will work (except gift cards). Contact your bank if you think you received this error incorrectly.
- Invalid Transaction: Your bank has rejected the transaction because the information that our website is not in a format your bank recognizes or there is information that your bank requires that has not been included in the transaction. Please contact us during our office hours and we can try processing the payment manually.
Help with Video PlaybackHave you tried more than one browser? For example, if you can't get it to work in Internet Explorer, have you tried in Firefox, Chrome or Safari? If you have more than one browser (program to access the internet) installed on your computer, please try to access FMTV through a different browser first.
If you are using Internet Explorer and have changed the default ‘security zone’ to anything higher than ‘Internet Zone’ (which is the default) then some things on FMTV may be being blocked by Internet Explorer. If you think this may be your issue, please visit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174360/en to learn more about Internet Explorer’s security settings.
It is also important to ensure your chosen browser is the latest version available. You can update your browser for free by downloading a new version from that browsers homepage.
The playback on videos is constantly stopping and startingIs this happening for all of the videos that you are trying to watch (not including trailers from youtube) or just on one specific video?
If this is happening for a SPECIFIC video(s), and you have tried on more than one occassion, please contact us and let us know the exact video that you are having trouble with. There may be a problem with the video file that we are unaware of.
If this is happening for every video that you are trying to watch some possible reasons are: 1) The servers that host our videos may be busy, particularly if you are trying to access them at a peak time of day. Does this still happen if you try to watch the same videos at a differnt time of day?. 2) Your internet connection is slow/busy. Some of the video files are quite large. Again, please try at a different time of day and see if that makes a difference. Are you able to easily view the videos on http://www.vimeo.com? If so, please contact us and we will try to discover the cause of the problem.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- Try letting the video buffer before you view it by pausing and allowing the video to download further.
- Close other browser tabs and windows. This can make a huge difference!
- Make sure you have either the latest version of Flash running on your computer, or use a browser with native HTML5 support.
- Switch to a different browser to see if that helps.
- Selecting the text which you wish to print with your cursor.
- Right button click the text and choose the ‘Print’ option. Within your printer settings you should be able to tick ‘Selection Only’.
- Alternatively, if you would like to format the text right button click the text and select ‘copy’. Then open a new Word document or Text editor, right button click and select ‘paste’. You will then be able to print from here.